• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Cutting

mollracing

If you have image larger than your plotter can cut how can you split it up. I have a GX-24 but the image I want to cut will be 42 inches tall.
Thanks racer77

mollracing

can you explain panel it
I have corel x3 and studio cut that came with my gx-24
Not really looking to buy a high dollor s/w
Thanks racer77

Raulrdz

Here's the way you panel a garphic.

Create a vector file, get in the car, drive to a sign professional near you... and they will know exactly what to do.

mollracing

I did not think my request was off the wall. Was only asking a simple question with out spending any money if I did not have to.I was unsure if the s/w I allready have would do the trick or not.
racer77

Raulrdz

Just ribbing you this is a basic question, which one assumes a sign shop or even hardcore hobbiest already knows. The s/w that came with your plotter may have the feature, if not I don't know of any other way than shelling out some money for s/w you can also try Signcut X2 it has a subscription based feature.

Sign Works

If you do not have software that has paneling capabilities within it's cut/plot section then simply panel the artwork manually within your chosen vector design program, a simple task that takes all of about 5 seconds if that, do not forget to create/compensate for an overlap.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
I see you have a SP300v so you should have Versaworks. Why not panel it with the overlap in Versaworks and cut it on your VersaCamm?

RedWolf

Raulrdz,

Not everybody uses the same exact software that you do. I use basically the same thing that mollracing uses except my Corel is version 12. So I was actually watching the thread for usefull info also. Not saying I wont ever need to use it, I have not had the need to cut anything bigger than 24" yet. IMO not a thing wrong with somebody asking this question, we are all here to try and help each other.

Matt

signage

You could also do a search for paneling and it would tell you what it is and how to do it. If not once you know what it is it should be that difficult to figure out. jm02c

fastcut

You could also do a search for paneling and it would tell you what it is and how to do it. If not once you know what it is it should be that difficult to figure out. jm02c
Easier said than done...if you don't know it's called paneling then you wouldn't know what to search for.
I just zoom in tight as possible in my design software, cut that artwork right in half, plot it as two seperate pieces and overlap it. I'm sure it's not the proper way but it's gotten the job done more than a few times. I'm glad I know it's called paneling, now I'll go see if I can't learn something new.

:thankyou:

D&Tgraphics

Here's what I don't get. When I started out, I didn't have a signs101 to go to for answers. I didn't have anybody to go to for any answers. I just got in the software, thought about what I had to do and figured out a way to do it. Just get in there and experiment. That's the only way your going to learn.

Doesn't anybody do any work anymore and use their brain to figure things out?

I had the same problem once that your having now, and well, I gave it a little thought, and it didn't take long, and I figured out a solution. Just stop and think.

Techman

Was only asking a simple question with out spending any money if I did not have t

Thats the problem. People get low end stuff,, and come here for free tech support answers. The easier it gets and the more info stored here the more the noobs expect info to be handed to them.

They don't wish to spend any cash to get the tools that will do the job. Cocut Pro is not a high end software. Its a package that every one should have at a minimum.