• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl signs

Shovelhead

Would you be a little irritated if I forgo your realtor services and
went for the "For Sale by Owner" option?

You've got to be kidding me!

high impact

Is this a joke?

I saw one of you guys punch the info I gave you about my house on an MLS in about a minute. It peaked my interest now...can I really make money doing that?

By the way - one little listing cost thousands of dollars after one walk through.:help:

Flame

Sure, you can make money off of it. If you're a good designer and charge a fair fee. $15, you got a steal. You will not make a good living selling signs for $15 each, I sell them for double that.

Stick to what you know. Making signs is a profession, just like most any other job. It's not easy, it's not a get-rich-quick scheme and it takes a lot of work and effort to do it right.

Sorry, I think you have the totally wrong impression of this business.

MrKoob

You're getting the "cold shoulder" attitude because you work for an industry that most Sign Shops can't stand. Not Real Estate, but the agents who come in and try to haggle down pricing like their buying a car. Not saying you're that type, but that's one of the reasons. Now, as far as getting into the business, it does take a certain level of design skill, drive, and most important business sense. I'm still working on the business end, so I don't have an answer yet.

weaselboogie

Wow, how coincidental! I have watched a few real estate transactions myself and it has sparked MY interest. I thought I could save some money by selling some of my property for myself and doing some sales for friends and stuff. I can make a couple of G's just by signing some papers and sticking some signs that I made in the ground.

Looks like signage and real estate are the most overlooked professions with the least amount of work. We just put stickers on stuff and you just sign papers. It's an obvious gold mine!

gvgraphics

Nope, no money can be made. Don't waste your time.
In fact I was at a realtors office the other day and watched them sell a house. Figured it was easy and I would add it to our list of services. Do you think I can make it with just me my license and a message board?

Don't be so damn cheap and PAY a REAL SIGN SHOP to do your work.

johnsilliman

I understand that this is not a get rich quick scheme.. I was told that this site is a good place to gather information.. I was not asking for opinions on if I am capable. I am trying to find out if making vinyl signs and lettering can justify the costs of the equipment, Due to the fact that I would be totally learning from scratch, no experience. Again my question was can I just do the corplast signs and vehicle lettering and not loose doing it..

mountainmang

I understand that this is not a get rich quick scheme.. I was told that this site is a good place to gather information.. I was not asking for opinions on if I am capable. I am trying to find out if making vinyl signs and lettering can justify the costs of the equipment, Due to the fact that I would be totally learning from scratch, no experience. Again my question was can I just do the corplast signs and vehicle lettering and not loose doing it..

no :thumb:

P

ProWraps™

welcome to signs101.com. yes go buy a plotter. make you some signs. realize that dealing with idiots that buy real estate signs sucks. then come tell us how it goes.

jiarby

I guess the OP edited his original post///

I was a realtor myself in the early 90`s... I know for a fact that there is no relationship to the price you pay to the services rendered.
6% of $100,000 is a chunk of dough. They do all their realtor crap and make $6k that they divvy up amongst themselves.

If your house sells for $175k they don't do anything any differently but they DO charge you $10.5k ($3500 more) for the SAME service as the $100k house.

If WE did that it would go like this:

Customer: I need a FSBO sign
Me: What's the house sell for?
Customer: $250k
Me: That'll be $750
Customer: My neighbor only paid $400
Me: Yeah, he only had 1600sqft and no pool. His house was $169k
Same sign, but he paid less. I'm a licensed "signator".. Certified Even!

Another thing...
If you are a successful agent you are NOT spending any time trying to make a sign. Money making realtors do 2 things, and ONLY two things: Talk to Sellers, Talk to Buyers. Everthing else thet job out!
Go listen to some Mike Ferry tapes!

Only broke-a$$ realtors trying to save a nickel are worried about making their own signs.

Oh Yeah...

Welcome aboard!

jiarby

You have to take my Certified Signator correspondence course... Just costs $375... then send me references from 14 of you lastest sign customers. I'll send you a certificate suitabel for framing, a website gif logo and post a link to you on my website.

Kinda like being "Fellers Certified"./ LOL!

Air Art Girl

Wasn't there a moritorium on forum membership and new members were going to be screen to assure they were legit businesses? Or am I wrong there?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Wasn't there a moritorium on forum membership and new members were going to be screen to assure they were legit businesses? Or am I wrong there?

violet.gif

The moratorium was lifted quite a while back. New members are required to provide limited personal information as an anti-fraud measure but are not screened as to what is going on in their heads.