• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ 1204 parts.. where to get them

P

ProWraps™

anyone know where to get flushing box sponges and waste tray pads for the 1204? fellers only carries 1604 stuff and signwarehouse says they carry NO mutoh parts ugh.

PMG

Hey T dady...my sales rep at Sign Warehouse said they now have the parts for the 1204 .....now that they took over the Mutoh VJ 1204 series from Mutoh.

P

ProWraps™

ok ill try them again. i was scratching my head when they told me they didnt cary any parts, as they are the only ones that sell the 1204 now.

MacDaddy

Given that Signwarehouse is the only place that sales 1204s that is where I have been buying parts... So far they have always had everything in stock that I needed for the whole VJ line of printers... I have also bought Falcon Outdoor parts there as well.......

P

ProWraps™

Given that Signwarehouse is the only place that sales 1204s that is where I have been buying parts... So far they have always had everything in stock that I needed...

im on the phone with them now.. on hold. i have called them several times and gotten NO WHERE. ive been transfered to outside sales. ive been told flat out no. and the like. hopefully this call will go better. i was under the assumption that since they are the only ones that carry the printer, they would be the place to get the parts. i tryed cmykparts.com but they only carrry older moldel parts.

P

ProWraps™

flushing box sponge $28!?!??!?! HOLLY CRAP! its 1/16" by like 1"x2". WOWIE WOW WOW! waste box sponges $5. they are huge!?!?! gotta love it. it reminds me of when i used to build and race mountain bikes. the lighter, smaller parts were the most expenisve. except these are GD sponges.

Vinylman

This MAY NOT WORK!!

I have been replacing the waste tank material in my Epson 9600 printer for years with folded up paper towels.

I then reset the on board chip with a chip resetter I got from some after market ink reseller.

I am NOT familiar with how your particular printer is set up regarding the "sponges", but they are only there to prevent ink splashing during a pump down situation, NO?

hope this little idea might help you.

P

ProWraps™

no they replace the waste ink tank on the 1204. rediculously stupid design to say the least. the guy as SW.com said they use maxi pads in theirs ROF. i couldnt bring myself to do it so i bought the sponges.

MacDaddy

As cheap as the pads are and as infrequently as they need replaced I would just buy the correct parts needed, especially while still under warranty... Just my opinion...

Color Dude

If you are needing parts for your VJ printers, let me know. This would be for consumables and out of warranty customers.

novedist

Gregory is the best place I have found. The pads for the waste pan were about $14. They are also in the printing business so they know the problems you can have and helpful to resolve them.

GTSTech_1

We offer those sponges and waste trays for the VJ-1204. Once the machine is out of warranty you can, drill a hole in the tray, put a small funnel seal it with silicone, attach a tube to funnel that connects to a waste bottle and have a waste bottle instead of the waste tray (pads).

My .02

Joey Alonso
GTSTech_1

Border

no they replace the waste ink tank on the 1204. rediculously stupid design to say the least. the guy as SW.com said they use maxi pads in theirs ROF. i couldnt bring myself to do it so i bought the sponges.

That tech told me that same thing about 5 years ago, so it must be working well. What's the matter, are ya afraid to go buy them?:ROFLMAO: