• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ 1604 Capping Station

jc1cell

Does anyone know if the capping station view in the image is available as a stand alone unit or is the only way to purchase it is by getting the complete maintenance assembly.

I think it's a bit much to have to pay over $300 for an assembly when the only consumables out of it are the capping unit and the rubber wiper (at least as far as I know these are the only consumables).

jc

PS.

How about posting a photo of your VJ capping station as is right now (don't clean it with solvent and then take the pic). I would like to see how clean it needs to be in order for it to seal properly.

I currently replaced the maintenance unit and am running different brand inks to see if that solves my sealing problems.

Attachments

• Cappin1.JPG
    Cappin1.JPG
    337.8 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:

randya

yes the cap is available by itself.

The pic of your cap looks good, the rubber seal in the pic looks clean and best I can see in good condition.

You want to make sure that the rubber seal area is not cracked, cut, or broken and soft enough to seal against the bottom of the head.

Obviously if ink dries up around the cap rubber seal or the bottom of the head it would decrease the ability to seal.

You can check the cap by connecting a syringe to the line on the base of the cap and pull ink from there with the head capped to test it before the pump.

jc1cell

Well Randy, this is actually one of the older caps we had, I had it soaking in alcohol for several days to see how well that would clean it but the truth is that we were having issues with it sealing when it was removed. I do plan on testing it out at a later date to see if it will perform for us.

We just recently changed ink manufacturers and changed the capping unit because after adjusting many different aspects we have narrowed down to the fact that the previous ink we were using could have been the issue. We should find out in several weeks.

jc

ps...try posting images that are a bit closer to the capping so as to be able to see the rubber better....but thanks for the post....its good to see how others have theirs as a reference point.

fozzyber

what brand of ink have you gone to, I did not know that there was an after market ink for it yet...

jc1cell

what brand of ink have you gone to, I did not know that there was an after market ink for it yet...

We are currently using Inkware Eco Solvent Inks....they are a division of EFI...First we were using Go Eco One Ins from Graphics One....We are testing the new ink to see if the old inks were the culprits of our ongoing capping issues.

jc