• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vj-1614 - pattern on the printed

Rafal

I have a problem with the plotter VJ-1614.
I have a pattern on the printed page.
This can be seen in the pictures.
What could be causing this?

At the top of bi-directional printing.
At the bottom of unidirectional printing.

vj1614-3a.jpg

The second photo of bidirectional printing. A second pattern is approximately 86cm.

vj1614.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Graphics2u

+2 on a dirty encoder strip, especially from looking at the first picture. Something is affecting all the colors at the same spot. They are not all lined up because of the firing order of the colors.

Or could be a bad spot in cable running from mainboard to the carriage board. Losing a signal at the same time.

Rafal

I think it's not encoder.
To test 8 and 9 I moved the paper.
The pattern is always the same distance on the edge of the paper.

attachment.php

I did test 2 unidirectional printing. There is only one pattern.

When I print a shorter strips (80 cm) print is clean. Test 3 and 4

Attachments

• vj1614-5b.jpg
    vj1614-5b.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 121

Matt-Tastic

then perhaps your encoder reader has a loose connection, or there is damage to the ribbon cable that is making it skip at that exact place.

the easiest way to check is to look under the hood. if the encoder looks clean, with no scratches, marks, fingerprints, dried ink overspray, etc, you are probably right that it isn't the encoder. but it's also the easiest place to check for a problem.

Robert M

ps

to check it take off the long cover that is over the rail the head runs on. The ribbon cable may be rubbing on the cover causing the short.

Rafal

This is not a problem of the encoder.

Stop all print nozzles to 1 cm when printed 86cm.
No matter if print to the right or to the left.
Therefore, when uni-directional printing is one pattern. With bi-directional printing are two patterns. Always about 86 cm from the beginning of printing. No matter how the paper is loaded in the printer.