• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ1204 Ink issue

Kelsey Adams

Recently purchased a VJ1204. Pulled ink through the lines with syringes, but the ink seeps back up. I can remove the dampers and pull ink into them, but it does the same thing, goes back. Where else can I pull ink into? I try cleanings and nozzle checks and get absolutely nothing. I have purchased new dampers, cap top, cleaning solvent and wiper assembly. When I got it home, I followed the manual and installed ink cartridges, did a charge. Each color has two lines and where it splits into two lines there are black little caps. Could this be causing an issue.

Kelsey Adams

Attachments

• 422CC085-EE71-4295-97E9-4BC79063E984.jpeg
    422CC085-EE71-4295-97E9-4BC79063E984.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 290
  • 2E541C78-A833-43EF-9261-4BA2458B3B71.jpeg
    2E541C78-A833-43EF-9261-4BA2458B3B71.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 265
  • 6BD2EBDC-91FC-445B-9F3A-D45EA6077160.jpeg
    6BD2EBDC-91FC-445B-9F3A-D45EA6077160.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 308

Kelsey Adams

I notice what sounds to be an air leak until I push this trigger down, then it stops. Is this normal?

Attachments

• FEE3F488-3535-4D61-9689-53C96018D4B6.jpeg
    FEE3F488-3535-4D61-9689-53C96018D4B6.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 265

heyskull

Is your maintenance station definitley working properly?
The pump lines can get clogged especially at the double connector on the bottom which attaches to the cap top.
Personally I would of replaced the complete maintenance station with a new one, especially if this machine has stood idle for a week or more.
These machines need to be put into sleep mode if they are not used and NEVER turned off.
You will find the more use these machines get, the less issues you have with them.

SC

BAD NOVA

I had this same issue a couple months ago, when installing new head in my vj 1204.
If you pull hoses exiting maint. station insert a syringe in each line and do a easy draw
with syringe, you should be able to pull ink. Do this with the pint head home.

Kelsey Adams

Is your maintenance station definitley working properly?
The pump lines can get clogged especially at the double connector on the bottom which attaches to the cap top.
Personally I would of replaced the complete maintenance station with a new one, especially if this machine has stood idle for a week or more.
These machines need to be put into sleep mode if they are not used and NEVER turned off.
You will find the more use these machines get, the less issues you have with them.

SC
I can’t confirm if the maintenance station is working correctly or not. I see where the double connector is, but how do I disconnect the lines to try and pull ink through? I am not against replacing the whole maintenance station, just figured I would try and see if small repairs would fix it. I appreciate your help!!

Kelsey Adams

I had this same issue a couple months ago, when installing new head in my vj 1204.
If you pull hoses exiting maint. station insert a syringe in each line and do a easy draw
with syringe, you should be able to pull ink. Do this with the pint head home.
How do I pull the hoses out? I see where there are 4 lines that come together and are connected by white plastic piece and screws. Do I need to remove the white piece? Appreciate your help!

Kelsey Adams

What is the third hole on the bottom of cap top for? There is also a third line that isn’t hooked up to anything except the little black box on the right of the other picture. Looks to be a nozzle of some sort.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 269
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 273

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
What is the third hole on the bottom of cap top for? There is also a third line that isn’t hooked up to anything except the little black box on the right of the other picture. Looks to be a nozzle of some sort.

That 3rd tube should connect to the 3rd whole in the cap top. If it's not connected, the maintenance station won't pull ink down and will instead pull air.

Kelsey Adams

Just wondering have you had any luck with this printer?
No. I ordered a new maintenance station waiting for it to arrive. Hopefully that will do the trick. Tried head soak, pulling ink through the drain tubes and couldn’t. I don’t think the head was getting a good suction with the capping station. And then I pulled the clear drain tube out and really messed things up.

Kelsey Adams

I received my maintenance station and put it on. Now I am getting error code E074err CR2 Current. At a total loss now. Any help?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I received my maintenance station and put it on. Now I am getting error code E074err CR2 Current. At a total loss now. Any help?

That error means the head is jammed. Take a look around the maintenance station and make sure nothing is keeping the head from moving. I would also unlock the head and move it back and forth manually. See if you can feel anything off. It could also be an encoder strip issue but since you just replaced the station and the error popped up for the first time, I suspect a physical problem is occurring.

Kelsey Adams

I can move the head freely. It goes off the maintenance station fine, but when it tries to go back on is when the code pops up.

Kelsey Adams

That error means the head is jammed. Take a look around the maintenance station and make sure nothing is keeping the head from moving. I would also unlock the head and move it back and forth manually. See if you can feel anything off. It could also be an encoder strip issue but since you just replaced the station and the error popped up for the first time, I suspect a physical problem is occurring.
When I move the head back onto the station manually, it does go harder than it did with the previous MS.

Kelsey Adams

It looks like there is a scratch and a small bit of ink on the strip. And the sensor gets right about there and then throws the code. Maybe is a coincidence that is happens right as the head tries to get completely on the station? Tried to attach a photo of scratch and ink.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 275