• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ1304 Ink Cartridges / Smart Cards

Graphics2u

Will the ValueJet continue to print until the tabs pops out on the ink cartridge even if the smart card says 0%?

If not Why is my printer wasting 5 - 10% of the ink in each cartridge? The ink level says 1 or 2% and I take them out because I don't want it to stop in the middle of a print, but they have quite a lot of ink still in the cartridge. Right now I have a yellow one that has to have at least 15% or more left in it!

KevSign

Removed Sales Ad as Merchant Member subscription is required to offer commercial products for sell in the Forums.

Last edited by a moderator:

randya

I should continue to print until the tab comes out, then it will stop.
The printer should start beeping at about 5% ink remaining in the cart (this is an estimate based on the smart card).

heyskull

You will hate this!
The bigger machines have a sub tank with a 100ml in them and I run all my cartridges empty.
I guess there just wasn't enough space to fit the sub tanks in the smaller machine.
That makes the smaller machine more expensive to run!!
SC

gnemmas

Convert to refillable cartridges!

The chip reads the volume of ink going thru, not sensing the cartridge is empty. Our 220ml refillable cartridges work with 440ml chips, we buy ink in liters, fill the clear cartridges as they are visiblly low, and the printer goes thru the regular routine of "ink low", then "ink empty", (actually the carts still has ink), we just swap to a new chip.

vinvin creation

Yes , the cartridge will continue to print , and if vinvin was not wrong , the smart chip is use for 440ml , and it will continue to print even it is 0% and usually it will have allowance . The best way is to purchase a topup cart cartridge with smart card . so you just need to replace the card.

Thank you

premiercolour

Merchant Member
There is aluminum bag inside of the oem 220 or 440ml cartridge. You will not be able to use up all the ink. Only if you use through refillable cartridges. We have a customer who saved up whole bunch of ink cartridges used; bought a refillable cartridge ($25) and a mutoh card ($8)from us. Save quiet a bit. It is original mutoh ink cartridge he took out from. It is Eco Ultra ink he loves about. Save some 10s of dollars here and there. It is workable.