• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP-540 Confused.... fuse does not burn... transistor?

Rednapew

I switched the fuse from the F2 (fuse for B&C heads) spot on the main board to the F1 (for M&Y) spot.... it was not burnt... i fully expected it to be... the M&Y head printed using both fuses (01543.15.DR) in turn.... My question is does that mean my Transistors are toast for the B&C print heads? I am wondering about the electricity flow... i assumed a bad transistor would burn the fuse out... little help here please

Transistors are TR 1 (TR 2SA1746) & TR 6 (TR 2SC4131) for Cyan
TR 10 (TR 2SA1746) & TR 14 (TR 2SC4131) for Black

Rednapew

Yes. Most likely you have a blown transistor.

http://macmedia.com/

Can offer you advise as well as repair the problem.

Thank you Jack for the help.... i was happy to see that the fuse was not burnt in the swapping from F2 to F1... it's been a ride going through eliminating cause and effects to find the problems with my machine... all issues solved up to the transistors... if it is not fixed after replacing them... then i will know my main board is toast... I am praying that is not the case... i am missing out and on the verge of losing much work.