• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VuTek

cwb143

How does the VuTek PressVu 200/600SC compare to the QS2000 or 3200? Will it print 400SQr FT/hr decently?

artbot

@cwb143

if there's a specific snap shot or spec that needs to be figured out, maybe we should start a thread called "stuff i would have researched at sgia, if i could have gone". all us that are going can report back what we find.

miker

how does it compare to a QS......it is older, slower, and lower resolution.

no, a PV200 will not print 12.5 4'x8' boards at good quality in an hour.

cwb143

Sounds Great Artbot! - and ya i figured it was a slow printer but i was asked to check it out. Funny feeling when you know what the answer is before you ask.

artbot

i'm not a vutek guy. just have read up a bit on them. one inexpensive option (i think) is to the the 320/400.

pressvu advertises "up to" 350 square feet per hour

the 320/400 (way bigger 126" wide) is "up to" 1000 square feet per hour.

i think it because they went from six color to dual four color? don't know exactly. but i have seen these on global garage for $35k.

maybe a vutek guru will chime and and say "artbot that's wrong"... i'm assuming what i just typed is misinformation.

miker

artbot that's wrong :wink: just kidding (sort of)

basically, the 320 will allow you to run boards sideways through the machine, thus boosting throughput speed. it also is lower resolution than the 200/600. I've never used a 320, but I did have a 200 long ago.

Currently, we've got a GS2000 and 3200. The 3200 isn't quite twice as fast, but almost.

CS-SignSupply-TT

Sgia followup reports

@cwb143

if there's a specific snap shot or spec that needs to be figured out, maybe we should start a thread called "stuff i would have researched at sgia, if i could have gone". all us that are going can report back what we find.

artbot, I AM ALL IN on reporting back, answering questions, etc! :goodpost:

cwb143

How do we start a permanent thread on this subject?
"stuff i would have researched at SGIA, if i could have gone"

animenick65

The only way you'll get a QS series machine to actually run 400 sq. ft. an hour is on light smoothing @ 540 dpi. With brand new jets across the board, this isn't a bad option. As soon as you start putting wear and tear on those jets, you'll start getting nozzle deflection and start losing nozzles and the light smoothing will get worse and worse. I've been able to hit 300 sq. ft. an hour on heavy smoothing with long material. The sheet load time is what brings the numbers down. We'll get about 8-9 4x8 boards an hour.

Montrealer

Senior Operator
Im operating both machine Vutek SC200/600 and QS3200. the 200/600 model is pretty slow compare to the QS3200. i print around 4x-5x (48x96), every hour in Heavy smoothing, you can print more if you go in medium or low smoothing. That machine is rarely broken.

The QS3200 is pretty fast (good for quantity production), the DPI is higher than the 200/600, its a 7 color (print white) compares to the 200/600 (6 colors only) but the major prob with that machine is the white, its pretty hard to adjust because if you dont print white color every day, its a little bit complicated to adjust. (purge white channel individually in the dos firmware)
And you have a pause option on the QS3200...