• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VW BUG....all new for 2012!!!! awesome.

OldPaint

guy had one of these at the last car show i went to. $22k, nicely equipped with an auto tranny that you can shift like a stick, 5 cyl 24 valve dual overhead cam motor(i thinks its the same one the audi, volvo, jetta has been running for a long time, with a 170 H.P.!!!!!!!! the owner told me he traded a BMW in on the "bug" and says the bug is a quieter more comfortable ride the the beemer was!!!!!!!
http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/impressions/2012-volkswagen-beetle

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
For 2012, VW is looking ahead again with a new-generation Beetle. There’s no “New” in the car’s name anymore. And the number one priority with the new car was to make it more masculine and sporty.

So, that means that they're making it look a little more like its step-sibling -- a Porshe...

qmr55

Can't beat this...

Attachments

• DOTSD-SuperBeetle-09.jpg
    DOTSD-SuperBeetle-09.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 108

Pat Whatley

Call it gay if you wish but for $22K it's one hell of a car. Looks small but it's roomy as heck. Got a customer who is in the 6'6" 400 pound range and he's routinely mentioned how much better his VW is than his big assed truck. Roomier and better ride.

zmatalucci

No matter what color lipstick you put on it, it's still a Volkswagen Beetle. I would drive a minivan before I bought one of these.

Jack Knight1979

I like the car. Way better than the previous beetle. Do I own all VW's? Yes.

Will I only buy cars made by VW? Yes.

Would I buy a beetle for myself. Nope. I would feel like less of a man.

My V-Dubs:
'09 Tiguan AWD, '04 Jetta GLI

My eyes are on a Toureg as the family grows and a AWD CC Sport for me. The jetta is paid for, fast and only has 40k miles on it, but it's getting to be time to move into a grown up car. The CC is sick looking, roomy and fast.

FS-Keith

Call it gay if you wish but for $22K it's one hell of a car. Looks small but it's roomy as heck. Got a customer who is in the 6'6" 400 pound range and he's routinely mentioned how much better his VW is than his big assed truck. Roomier and better ride.

does it come with 5 gal of grease and a giant shoehorn?

OldPaint

BEEMER BIMMER.....where in the hell did you come up with that??? BMW IS A BEEMER...2 OR 4 WHEELS.....kids...send em to school give em books..and they eat em........
In 1994 Rover Group was acquired by BMW. then went to ford...and tata.

cgsigns_jamie

Allow me to enlighten you...

So just why is a BMW car called a 'bimmer' not a 'beemer' or 'beamer'?

The answer in part lies in knowing some BMW history and what came first.

All real BMW enthusiasts know that BMW got a big start on two wheels, what many call the real BMWs.

In those days, BMW motorcycles were quite active in racing, and one of their competitors at the track was often the BSA bikes.

Well as things would have it, a track slang developed, and the BMWs were usually referred to as 'beemers' and the BSAs were referred to as 'beesers'.

So, of course for any true enthusiast, there is no way that a BMW car could be called a 'beemer', so they were called 'bimmers'.

Unfortunately, in the US and Canada, and perhaps other countries, there was a time (kind of still is) where for various reasons, a BMW owner was considered an upwardly mobile person, and of course due to the fun in driving their BMWs most all of them had big grins on their faces.

Hence it is little surprise that the non enthusiast types out there incorrectly labeled BMW cars and their owners as 'beamers' or 'beemers'.