• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Opinion Wall Substrate cutter, Recommendations?

edsteve

I'm about to pull the trigger for a wall substrate cutter. I'm considering a Fletcher fcs and a SSC 165A.
Need to cut ACM at least 4mm, foamcore, gaterboard, sintra 4mm and 6mm if possible, aluminum is also a plus. Is there any other suggestions besides the two above? Any and all comments are appreciated. Thanks-Ed

netsol

Before you spend $3-4K, have a look on auction sites
eBay, Craigslist, offer up/let go & Facebook marketplace
We just bought a private labeled fletcher 3100 for $400. It needed the "repair kit" and the hold down strip. For $165 we saved $3000.
I listed the auction sites in order of descending price

We love the fletcher, by the way

We also bought a fletcher 2100 for $200 & gave my Logan away to a friend

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
We have one that is terrific. I can't recall off the top what brand, I will look on Monday. Cuts ACM like buttah, clean smooth edges.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Our steeltrak has been pretty good. We don't use it much anymore, but it always has a place in our shop. Keeping them in square is the key to it all. Here are a few to consider.

tulsagraphics

I have several of the FSCs. They're great! You can cut .063" aluminum / 3mm ACM -- but I wouldn't attempt 6mm. That stuff is way too thick/dense for a pizza wheel cutter.

zspace

Premium Subscriber
We have a fletcher and a keen. They are both good choices but have slight differences. The keen hold down is more solid for acm and aluminum. The Fletcher is much faster for cutting down coroplast and cardboard. A panel saw would be a much better choice for 6mm ACM and heavier aluminum.

netsol

Before you spend $3-4K, have a look on auction sites
eBay, Craigslist, offer up/let go & Facebook marketplace
We just bought a private labeled fletcher 3100 for $400. It needed the "repair kit" and the hold down strip. For $165 we saved $3000.
I listed the auction sites in order of descending price

We love the fletcher, by the way

We also bought a fletcher 2100 for $200 & gave my Logan away to a friend
We added a used 100" fletcher gemini (got it for $300). Ordered the maintenance kit before i drove half way across pennsylvania to pick it up. what a great cutter! We also have a 40" guillotine table & a 63" roto trim chinese lookalike ( and a home made panel saw).