• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Was wondering...

victor bogdanov

S

I call BS on this.

I don't think they are being totally transparent with their graphs.

"An immediate answer as to why so many people were without power remains unknown, however, it is believed to be tied to storms moving through along with the excessive heat warning issued for the Houston area."

probably doing blackouts on a small scale to see how capable they are

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Rolling blackouts are nothing new or out of the ordinary. Maybe in Texas now that have tricked more people into moving there but IIRC, we had them in Trenton and other areas in the northeast I lived during high demand. The way to avoid is was for everyone to cut their power usage but in Texas, you can't tell anyone what to do.
There is nothing wrong with older people in government. They aren't ditch diggers and in that sort of position, experience counts. The new blood has proven themselves to be pretty stupid and more concerned with their popularity than they are with governing. I could only imagine that clown show if it were all new blood.

victor bogdanov

Rolling blackouts are nothing new or out of the ordinary.
Might be a problem pushing electric cars with no clear plan to improve the grid and power generation capacity?

Part of the problem here in TX is there isn't much wind when it's extremely hot, no wind = all those green energy windmills are useless when they're needed most

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Might be a problem pushing electric cars with no clear plan to improve the grid and power generation capacity?

Part of the problem here in TX is there isn't much wind when it's extremely hot, no wind = all those green energy windmills are useless when they're needed most
It has nothing to do with electric cars. Is there anything in your life that isn't rooted in some sort of bullshit? You sound like you survived 3 years by eating potatoes grown in Chernobyl.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I don't think they are being totally transparent with their graphs.

"An immediate answer as to why so many people were without power remains unknown, however, it is believed to be tied to storms moving through along with the excessive heat warning issued for the Houston area."

probably doing blackouts on a small scale to see how capable they are
No, your are making things up out of thin air. Coming on here saying that someone is warning you about rolling blackouts. No one is saying that. Tons of people on these forums are from TX and Houston, so don't be an idiot.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
This was normal for us for the longest time. Power would go out for an hour at a time more than once a day. Most of the generating power was built by the Navy, they had names for each unit and we had daily reports of their health and happiness. Most everyone who could afford it had a generator at home & work. Part of it was typhoons smashing the grid (stll on poles) every few months. Once Gov Guam got a few more plants built and some of the older ones upgraded the rolling blackouts eased up and stopped for the most part. We are heading back into trouble with demands for power outpacing new plants. Nothing to do with electric cars - think it is social networking that is stressing the system - all kinds of gear being used, charged, or cooled.

rossmosh

Texas's grid issues are not EV related. They are corruption related. It's really that simple. Anyone that did even 30 minutes of research about how Texas' grid is setup would sit down and say "Well, that's pretty stupid. I'm glad my state isn't like that."