• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

watchin American Pickers and old signs...Kaching!!!

gabagoo

Wow, I am amazed what the old signs all beat up get picked up for. I don't think you can get a new sign for what they get for scratched dented broken old pieces of junk lol

fmg

Have a look on Feepay and see how much some of these older signs go for on there.

mtrider

Check out JUNKies on Discovery Science Channel ..... Its the same property my shop is on... HUNDREDS of old signs.. neon, carved, hand painted....... i constantly stumble on new ones.........Bunch of characters over there. Pickers is fun to watch... seems like a fun way to work.. like a long vacation.??

gabagoo

in todays episode he picked up 2 Ford signs that needed a lot of work and he paid $4500.00 Then he sells them to some guy in the tire business for $6500.00 I almost can't believe thay can be worth that much considering all the neon is missing or broken,

John L

I enjoy watching it too, but I really think there's a lot of "reality TV flair" going on. We contacted and offered them an original 2 sided Packard sign with most of the neon still on it, with an attached FS serial number of "#12" a couple years ago and never even got a response. We later found a collector on the internet in Columbus, OH and he actually drove straight here, overnight, and was waiting in our parking lot the next morning. It was very old, rusted, but not dented, and complete with all original (non shielded) GTO, and huge Frankenstein transformers inside. We got $4000 out of it and I thought we took the poor guy - but it might have been the other way around.

visual800

its all BS! I saw one episode where the guy bought a fully rusted colonel sanders. I mean I wouldnt have bothered unless it was half ass decent condition, and he was going on about what it was worth. Some of the stuff is cool but due to today economy this stuff is not worth what you think.

I have a 1959 vendo coke machine fully restored in my kitchen, i cant sell that damn thing for over $500 and yes Ive tried

OldPaint

since i paint, i do a lot of repro's of gas/old car signs for people who are into cars/and memorabilia. i can do a repro of a gulf/sinclair/esso/pure for less then what it would cost them to buy an original ANNNNNNNNNND i still make good money!!!!! this is an original i refurbish of CITI gas and the spelling was on it that way originally.pic is before & after. i didnt even try to fix the bullet dents!!! i have this TEXACO painted on the inside of my 2 back doors of my shop. i did these 2 original gas pump covers in paint and got paid very well)))) this is some thing i enjoy doing and i never get crap about what i charge to do these. oh and that citi sign, is valued at $5000!!!! for the newer cheve guys i got these 2 i built. nickey & yenko.

Attachments

• Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 136
  • DELLA 023s.jpg
    DELLA 023s.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 87
  • BILL BASS 055s.jpg
    BILL BASS 055s.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 56
  • citi2.jpg
    citi2.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 59
  • NICKEY.jpg
    NICKEY.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 70
  • YENKO.jpg
    YENKO.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 94

visual800

your signs are cool but this here is what Im tlaking about. You say those cities signs WITH DENTS aqre worth $5000...I have to disagree. Where di you get that figure from and sir not to be disrepectful but if I had 2 signs like that worth $5000 they would be gone! sold!

Locals Find!

its all BS! I saw one episode where the guy bought a fully rusted colonel sanders. I mean I wouldnt have bothered unless it was half *** decent condition, and he was going on about what it was worth. Some of the stuff is cool but due to today economy this stuff is not worth what you think.

I have a 1959 vendo coke machine fully restored in my kitchen, i cant sell that damn thing for over $500 and yes Ive tried

How much would you like to get for that vending machine??

SignManiac

Hmm, betcha ole Frankie would offer me $20 for my thirty year old Ben & Jerry's sign I painted for a store when they were first starting up...

I never understand where they pull their numbers from, thin air most of the time. Yet I still enjoy seeing the old junk they unearth.

ucmj22

since i paint, i do a lot of repro's of gas/old car signs for people who are into cars/and memorabilia. i can do a repro of a gulf/sinclair/esso/pure for less then what it would cost them to buy an original ANNNNNNNNNND i still make good money!!!!! this is an original i refurbish of CITI gas and the spelling was on it that way originally.pic is before & after. i didnt even try to fix the bullet dents!!! i have this TEXACO painted on the inside of my 2 back doors of my shop. i did these 2 original gas pump covers in paint and got paid very well)))) this is some thing i enjoy doing and i never get crap about what i charge to do these. oh and that citi sign, is valued at $5000!!!! for the newer cheve guys i got these 2 i built. nickey & yenko.

I love the Sinclair sings! I dont know what it is about that logo, But I think they are great. Maybe its the fact that gasoline is made from dinosaurs.