• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Water on 3m ij180

danger

Just got caught in the rain on a install got it on but the adhesive got very wet should i redo this or will the water evaporate out like the old school way ?

Just squeegee out the water ?! I always use soap+water or water only if clear vinyl goes onto glass. Oldshool way? What's the 'new' method?

danger

Just squeegee out the water ?! I always use soap+water or water only if clear vinyl goes onto glass. Oldshool way? What's the 'new' method?
I have not used fluid since idk lol with wrap material you shouldn't need fluid

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'd probably try to squeegee it out, but be careful as the channels filling up with water, instead of air can clog up on ya.

rjssigns

On one job I actually used water on IJ180. Only way to keep it cool enough so it wasn't like installing wet tissue paper. Another was a boat transom job. Direct sun, close to 90 degrees. We used Rapid Tac to keep the air release vinyl from welding to the surface as soon as it touched. In those temps, air release and being able to slide the vinyl cease to exist.
Long way around to say you'll be fine.

gabagoo

I think due to the moisture it will take longer to fully adhere. I once made some decals for a guy using wrap material and he put them on with water. 2 days later I could pull them off with very little resistance...they were sticking though.

AKwrapguy

Just got caught in the rain on a install got it on but the adhesive got very wet should i redo this or will the water evaporate out like the old school way ?

I would look at going back over them with a roller rather than a squeegee.

ikarasu

Heat gun them If you can. It warms up the adhesive and liquids it for a better stick - it can also evaporate the water a little bit. So long as it's sticking, it should be fine. We had to install in the rain once... Wasn't fun. The vinyl didn't want to stick at all.. once you lay it and heat it it stayed down ok though.