• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wave Printing NO BANDINGS (REALLY NO BANDINGS)

ateliervisual

Hello everyone,

Today i saw a epson gs6000 printing in "waves", she doesnt print in "bands" like my mimaki cjv30
With the wave printing mode the gs6000 is capable of offering a high quality printing even in 2 Passes without ANY banding

My question is: Is there anyway my mimaki could print in wave mode?
Is there any RIP for it?

(the gs6000 was printing with Colorburst Pro)

I think its really the ultimate solution for banding problems, something that makes me crazy with mimaki. Sometimes even in 8-pass i can see the bandings , and that really sucks.

if someone know the solution, please let us know!

Thanks

Dice

It isn't possible with the Mimaki's currently. They would have to release a firmware update to get it to do this. I seriously doubt they will ever do this for older machines.

I would suspect that Mimaki will use the technology since they use the same print heads as Epson (just older version) in a new printer.

HulkSmash

I think its really the ultimate solution for banding problems, something that makes me crazy with mimaki. Sometimes even in 8-pass i can see the bandings , and that really sucks.

if someone know the solution, please let us know!

Thanks

Buy a new one.

Letterbox Mike

FYI it doesn't really solve banding. We're running a JV33 and a GS6000 side by side. You will get chromatic (lawnmower) banding with both machines. If your media compensation is off, you'll get either the white gap or dark stripe between each pass on both machines, only it's a straight line on the Mimaki and it's a wavy line on the Epson, but it's still there. The wave pattern definitely can diffuse or hide banding sometimes, but it's not the end all. By carefully dialing in your Mimaki you'll be able to make most banding, especially media comp issues, disappear too.

Custom_Grafx

I'm no engineer, but as long as there is x and y axis travel during your print, no matter what technology is in place, if there is a mis-calibration somewhere, there will be banding, no?

fillupc

Had my HP L25500 for about a week now. In 8 pass mode and above, banding is undetectable. It has a built in sensor that scans the media and automatically adjust the feed rate. Seems to work perfectly!

Phillip

jmcnicoll

Been running a gs6000 for almost a year with virtually no banding. Had a solid gray color I could not get rid of the banding in. For 99% of our jobs we print 720 x 720 with what would be considered an 8 pass bi di and have no banding.

Way better than any of the 3 different Mimiakis I have run, off course this is much newer printer, but sure does print nice.

jim

Jim Doggett

It isn't possible with the Mimaki's currently. They would have to release a firmware update to get it to do this. I seriously doubt they will ever do this for older machines.

I would suspect that Mimaki will use the technology since they use the same print heads as Epson (just older version) in a new printer.

Wave printing is a Mutoh innovation. Neither Roland nor Mimaki can do it. But Mutoh uses Espon heads and has licensed to Epson the Wave technology, since obviously they're partners.

Mutoh is the Wave pritning connection. Espon is the 1440 dpi Ecosol printing head connection. That means Mutoh, Mimaki, and Roland have 1440 variable dot printing with Ecosol inks. But only Mutoh printers and the Epson GS6000, made by Mutoh, have Wave printing.