• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Website updated. Need advice/critique fresh eyes......

Firefox

Dan, try it several times then, you will see much more than just the font size change Cmnd =/+ zooms in and Cmnd - zooms out. The more you do it the more you zoom in/out.

With Firefox I have to click it about 7 times then the Horiz scroll bar pops up but only once in Safari.

If that does not work then you may have it turned off in Sys Prefs or the modifier keys have been change to another combination.

signswi

Your on-page SEO needs a lot of work. No alt or title tags anywhere, no use of H tags, meta description is poor, canonical isn't declared, etc. and that's just bare bone basics. Not to mention the impact that has on accessibility, which is maybe even more important.

Also looks like you're using javascript rollovers, sprites with css moves is a lot more efficient.

In any case, the design is good enough to get clients interested (needs polish and personality but better than a lot of the small town sign places) but the site structure needs attention or you'll never grab search traffic.

signmeup

Thanks jesse. I have done nothing with SEO. I don't even know what an "H tag" is. (what is it?) Also "alt or title tags"? Would that be the page title?

The site is made with Xara. It's a WYSIWYG website making program for dummies so I have no idea what a sprite or a css move is either. When you say more efficient.. was the site slow to load or something?

jc1cell

I'm getting the off center and horizontal scroll bar as well.

Using Developers Toolbar for Firefox I pinpointed it be caused by css for one of the following:

htm > body > div#xr_xr .xr_ap > div #xr_xri .xr_ap

It could be the last div or the class causing the problem. You can check all the css for these tags and selectors ( terminology?).

jc

PS...we can now add glorified web coder to my sig...lol

Last edited:

wmshuman

multiple browsers

I like the look of your site, but your contact/quote forms do not work in Safari. Just thought I would give you a heads up. :design:

signmeup

I like the look of your site, but your contact/quote forms do not work in Safari. Just thought I would give you a heads up. :design:
Thanks for looking. Yeah... I know... the forms don't work but I'm slammed with work and deadlines and I just don't have time to frigg with it. The site is mostly just my brochure anyway. I'll see if I can get it functioning between Christmas and New Year. Thanks for the heads up.