• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Website updated. Need advice/critique fresh eyes......

signmeup

I updated my site and as most anyone who does this knows, it all make sense to me 'cause I did it. What does it work like for you guys? Does it work/make sense? http://showpiecesigns.com/index.htm

I'm a bit lost as to what to do about the pics on the business signs page that open up the town branding page when you click them rather than just enlarge. I think it's probably confising. There is no back button because it can also be reached from the articles page. Now that I uploaded the site I think I should change it so the berwick sign pics just enlarge and remove the links to the branding page. Thoughts?

I really like the pop up photos for an image gallery. I like how you can move the pics around and open more than one at a time. It could be good for the before and after page I need to add. I also need to add a little write up to each pop up. What do you guys think of the pop ups?

signmeup

Should have mentioned... the first two pics on the business signs page open to pages about the sign you just clicked. I intend to make all the pics do this eventually. Does this seem like a good idea? Or should I just let the pics get bigger and forget about the second page?

J Hill Designs

gallery works fine...I do like the description page, but maybe the description can just be added to the popups like a caption...

still not a fan of your header, it does not show you're signs justice...waaay to boring for what you do

TheSellOut

I like your website overall And I really like how the photos popup and how you can open more than one at a time! It is annoying the some of the pictures bring up the Town of Berwick photos but it sounds like you are already aware of that. What do you think of have the portfolio page open up to three things "Business Signs", "House Signs", and "Town Branding".

I totally agree with Jhill on your header!

Tim Kingston

Nice Job, nice area!

I really like your site, like the pop-up gallery. Mixed on the header, I like that it is a nice clean design, perhaps that might be an area to look at, but I like it.
I think the Berwick town images should be a separate category on its own. I think in that area the pop-ups aren't needed or are not as effective because the resulting image is not much bigger. Also, your contact page seems to hang for me. Not sure if it is a JavaScript issue or not.
But that does bring up an issue, does the site work as intended with JavaScript disabled?
Also just wanted to add that you do live in a beautiful area, damn near as nice as the mighty Miramichi!

:Canada 2:

SignManiac

I'd fix the Lion's club sign. The material seam where it's blasted is driving me nuts :)

Clone out the seam so it doesn't show at all. Otherwise, my tired old eyes don't see anything else that looks off !

Attachments

• lions.jpg
    lions.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 94

signmeup

The link brings up a 403 page when I click on it...?
Just reloading the site. I made a few changes based on the above posts. The software I use is not fully understood by myself so I dump the whole site and reload to make changes. Give me a minute or two......

signmeup

It's up agian. Contact form seems frigged. I'll have to sort that out later tonight or sometime. It's a tricky business in this program (the form).

Anyway.... I liked your suggestion Heath, so I implemented it. Maniac... got your seam filled too.(grin)

Agree on the header but lost as far as what to use instead. Suggestions?

GypsyGraphics

Nice site... but as mentioned... the header doesn't do you justice... to generic and you're anything but!
I'll post a suggestion shortly.

What does your own sign look like?

I like the way the portfolio images are handled and that you can have more than one open at a time!

TheSellOut

Yeah I think it works well like that! Just one thing I noticed on the home page in the "hand crafted signs" paragraph is that "Showpiece Signs" reads Showpiecesigns.

It's a great looking website SignMe and especially great work you produce!

As far as the header...I'm not sure but it does just seem too plain for you! have you ever worked up a logo for Showpiece Signs?!

signmeup

Gypsy my own sign is the one on the homepage that reads "Handcrafted Signs".

Heath, I've never done a logo for Showpiecesigns.... I just come up blank.

Right now I'm battling a jpeg that won't load...... Argggg! I love the program (Xara) when I'm making the site but it's a pig when you want to load or edit the site.

signmeup

OK it's back up. I had a browser issue. Had to reboot my comp before IE would show some of the pop ups properly. It worked fine in Fire Fox so I figured something must be up with IE. Sure enough.

I'd rather pull out single nose hairs than mess with website issues......