• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Welding text and a object

josh29j

I have VE LXi Master and i am trying to weld text and a flame object together. I did it once and now it is not working Plz help
josh

CenturySigns

Custom Sign Shop Designer
Hey Josh
I don't really know what VE LXi is but most vector based programs have to have their text converted to outline form, vector, or curves. If the flames are a bitmap they will have to be traced into a curve or outline as well before they can be welded together with the text.

josh29j

ok

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 234

MobileImpact

extend the bottom of the Y so it is touching the flames, then select both items and go to effects-combine-weld.

Kevin

SAS

I use flexi but you can try Effects / Combine / then Weld

Well Kevin beat me to it.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Check to see that they have exactly the same fill and stroke (if any) settings. You can only weld objects with identical fills.

MobileImpact

not sure about your software, but i know it's a stripped down version of flexi. Do you have a box opened up called design central or fill stroke editor? if so thats how you check to see if they are the same. Also if you select an item and look in the lower right hand corner of your monitor, it will show you a couple boxes that show the attributes of the fill and stroke.

Hope this helps,

Kevin

Replicator

Highlight the objects you want welded and then click effects, combine, weld !

Attachments

• Snap3.jpg
    Snap3.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 181

Sites&Signs

I know this doesn't make much sense but try changing the colors of both the Y & flame to say black (or any color, just make the change to both in same color). This happens to me sometimes... and changing the color works. Don't know why.. but it does...

In Flexi (and it's OEM versions) there is a parameter in the Preferences dialog box called Weld based on Color. If it's checked, only objects with the same fill color will weld. If it's unchecked, any color will weld.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Check to see that they have exactly the same fill and stroke (if any) settings. You can only weld objects with identical fills.

Only if you have specified 'Weld Based on Color'.

If not, you can weld any object to any other object. The resultant composite will take on the fill and stroke of the topmost object. If that object is sporting an outline, not a stroke, then the resultant composite will take on the color and characteristics of the outline. In this case Flexi treats the outline as the topmost object.