• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Well, it's finally happening...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Outta curiosity, is the file making and computer time already included or is that still separate and above these prices ?? There's not much figuring out to do, other than staying away from the door areas with important things and some hinges on the back. Shouldn't take much time. Just wondering.

Outta curiosity, is the file making and computer time already included or is that still separate and above these prices ?? There's not much figuring out to do, other than staying away from the door areas with important things and some hinges on the back. Shouldn't take much time. Just wondering.

Yeah, design work will be a separate line item at about $300. I've adjusted my pricing on the trailer now to where we are at roughly $3000.00 with design and installation included. I think this is enough to make us and the customer happy. We will see. I sent an estimate over thirty minutes ago.

signheremd

Trailers are not that bad. I say go for it. I use Oraguard 3951RA everyday, but for this I would turn to Arlon SLX Cast Wrap with Arlon 3270 laminate - less expensive and way more forgiving. You can get it through Fellers. As to the trailer, We would take off the door latches to make install easier and then put them back on. On the back I would take them off onside, lay it, put it back on, then do the other side so the door doesn't drop down on you. On the sides, we start by laying the back panels first and work our way forward - this leaves any overlaps facing backwards so wind and weather are not driven against them. Where metal panels overlap, cut with a knife as they will contract and expand with seasonal temperatures and thus you don't have tenting or cracking. Remember to post form heat the Arlon, especially along all edges. These can be very profitable and personally I prefer wrapping one to lettering one - dollars for the labor. Hope that helps

Precision

I like to look at areas of my business where I can coordinate, broker or make a sale at as profit centers. Wraps is a profitable area, that can easily expand your profits and you don't necessarily have to be the wrapper, just the coordinator.

Securing an independent installer who bids each wrap by sqft. or for a job specific price, allows you to sell, manage the business and add to a new profit center. Meet some installers on Craigslist, Indeed, or 3M certified installer website.

We would bid this job between $2000 - $2400 installed, depending on our calendar and if we needed to make a sale or are backed up in work. It's always a pair of shoes higher when we are full and busy.

Also, at that price you would be looking at a basic design, printed on Wrapcast or SLX. I would offer Avery or IJ180/8518 as an upgrade for another $200-300. (Using the brand as the selling point for a little higher sale.

Being it is your landlord and they have work, do you want to stick it to them and be "one and done"? Or would you rather use the experience to expand your business, foster a solid relationship and possibly secure more work, by easing on your very high price, for no experience in wrapping yet?

Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

spectrum maine

i would charge 10 dollars a sq ft plus design time for a new trailer 2400 +350+-= 2850. i can usually talk the customer into a partial wrap/ vinyl job for 1800-2 grand after the sticker shock sets in. 2400 is cheap but we have the franchise whores doing it with garbage vinyl for less. The customer never figures out how bad he was screwed until every screw has a 5" bubble behind it and every seam is shrunk a 1/2" within 1 year.

GAPrinting

I am surprised by the amount of people who don't like wraps. I guess we are more of a wrap centred business, so it comes easier for us, but we love trailer wraps compared to a lot of other stuff we do.
We find as long as we have a couple inches bleed on all panels we never run into any major problems. And since installing is a flat surface it isn't a difficult install. Easy profit.
Again, we do lots of full vehicle wraps and such so it sounds like we are coming at it from the opposite direction you would be.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like just about everyone these days...........

Have a lady who contacted us back in October/November. Went out to see her and she needed some nice size signs. Gave her a quote and followed up about a week later. Nothing. Called about a total of 3 or 4 times and left maybe 3 or 4 e-mails. Sound desperate ?? Not really, but it was about a $9,000 job and right up our alley. Anyway about 2 weeks before Christmas, she said she wanted to come to the shop to look at samples. No problem. Asked her if she looked over the quote. Not yet. Christmas came and went. Now, we're nearing the end of January and she says, can we get something going here ?? Sure. Sign the quote, send me a deposit and we'll get the ball rolling. About 2 weeks ago, we picked up a deposit check and then sent her layouts and designs and some questions on wording. Still haven't heard anything....... and she still hasn't stopped by to see any samples. Oh well, I'm sitting on her deposit at the moment and haven't spent a dime, other than my time.

MikePro

well if you're in a pinch, and get stuck with a demanding client that needs it wrapped NOW, send them up to me with your $16psf quote and i'll buy you a case of beer.
...i'll even facetime ya while i'm wrapping :)