• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

News We're Back Online With Our New Design!

Like our new design? Vote in the poll and post about it...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SignosaurusRex

I guess I have....
Seems to me that there is more concern and push to get the "Sorta Brilliant" rating higher than there is an actual concern for "User Interest" when it comes to policy and features. The stats have looked like a roller-coaster ride since day one of the new format. Don't get me wrong...the new format is nice and we are getting used to it.
I admire the current administration / ownership for the drive to dive in and take over S101. Now we all know things change and you ain't the other guy. Let's face it... our former Fearless Leader spent his life here and making it what it once was. Time (alone) took it's toll and Freddy moved on to pursue other passions.
The greatest days of S101 was a time when ownership and administration were clearly on the same page and both listened intently to the users, polled user-ship opinion, and then acted accordingly. Members were a very integral part of policy and the policing of policy. They were often invited and encouraged to participate in the evolution of S101. We had phenomenal membership(s), participation and visitors on a daily basis. The home page was so busy, it "scrolled" like a slot machine.
If new ownership wants those numbers again.... They gotta get back to the basics. The customer may not always be considered right, but, "Customer Service" always keeps them coming back. Most customers go where they feel respected ...the $$$ follows the feet!

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
Off topic , I know... Sorry.

I felt the same way as the above people. But I opened a ticket, and both of you replied to it. I didn't get banned, and the end of the day... It's your forum to run.

You'll either make it better and gain more people, or make it worst and lose some. Either way, they're Pauly's decisions... And we may not have to like them, but we should.abide by them. No one forces us to stay here - and while I don't like the feeling of being censored on the forums, the fact that they will not only listen, but respond in tickets is good enough for me.

This is a sign forum after all, it should stick to that topic.

Sorry for dereailing your thread again, Jacqui!

Just to make it not a complete waste of time.. :). You are away the line issue is still happening right? Attached is a screenshot. Sometimes it's on the last line... Sometimes a bit before. It's not as annoying now that it doesn't seem to ever actually cut through the words, but it's still in the wrong spot!
I wasn't aware of the line issue until I viewed the forum in my tablet earlier. It's a responsive .css styling issue that I'll hunt down and fix when I get the time tomorrow afternoon/evening. Thanks for the reminder.

And honestly - I don't understand the animus. PaulyG has brought to bear so much improvements FOR this Signs101 community. I begin to think that folks are ungrateful. I can understand the "want" of bettering not only the site - but it's policy as well. But continually whining about the tiniest of details is becoming tiresome. More to say about that in the next post...

Seems to me that there is more concern and push to get the "Sorta Brilliant" rating higher than there is an actual concern for "User Interest" when it comes to policy and features. The stats have looked like a roller-coaster ride since day one of the new format. Don't get me wrong...the new format is nice and we are getting used to it.
I admire the current administration / ownership for the drive to dive in and take over S101. Now we all know things change and you ain't the other guy. Let's face it... our former Fearless Leader spent his life here and making it what it once was. Time (alone) took it's toll and Freddy moved on to pursue other passions.
The greatest days of S101 was a time when ownership and administration were clearly on the same page and both listened intently to the users, polled user-ship opinion, and then acted accordingly. Members were a very integral part of policy and the policing of policy. They were often invited and encouraged to participate in the evolution of S101. We had phenomenal membership(s), participation and visitors on a daily basis. The home page was so busy, it "scrolled" like a slot machine.
If new ownership wants those numbers again.... They gotta get back to the basics. The customer may not always be considered right, but, "Customer Service" always keeps them coming back. Most customers go where they feel respected ...the $$$ follows the feet!
Thanks for the kind comments. And the feedback. And sure - I'd personally love to see more positive votes. We've put a lot of time, energy, creativity and money into bringing the upgrade to you guys. With that said - I truly believe the best times for Signs101 is yet to come.

What has been abundantly clear here is that it's impossible to please everyone, as some of you have seen we've tried to do. We've implemented changes that people like - then you get a handful of PMs about how 'this is soooo annoying.' ... You make a change to appease the one who is annoyed and get two PMs about 'why'd you do that? it was better the other way...'

Changes are being made and members are being heard and respected. If you cannot see that coming from me - then I especially don't know what to tell you, other than feel free to make suggestions. If the new Owner of Signs101 wants to implement them then great. If not - then thanks for making the suggestion. We hope you'll continue to enjoy the community.

What happened to the "like" button?
Just In - Introducing Signs101 Post Ratings [aka Enhanced Likes System]

Thanks,

J.

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
And let's make two things abundantly clear:
  1. As has been stated - If you don't agree with how Paul is running his site - then your recourse is to post a support ticket and perhaps he'll discuss it with you. Otherwise - ignoring moderator instruction and going practically berserk over the tiniest of details seems rather mundane.
  2. We are definitely taking all members' concerns into consideration. Saying otherwise is what is known as a lie.

I re-opened the thread with hopes of members making constructive suggestions that can be implemented. The purpose was NOT to go around in a circle arguing about off-topic wants & needs. Therefore some posts have been removed and thread-bans instituted. This is NOT censorship. This is a staff member enforcing forum policy. There's a great distinction. And I'd implore everyone to know it.

So if you have suggestions for the overall functionality and look of the site, please make them. Otherwise don't post.

And hopefully you'll come to appreciate what the new owner of Signs101 is doing: making the site better by implementing functionality enhancements, styling enhancements, and an overall better surfing experience.

J.

Status
Not open for further replies.