• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

News We're Back Online With Our New Design!

Like our new design? Vote in the poll and post about it...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
Good evening everyone. We're happy to introduce you to newly upgraded Signs101 that you now see is on the Xenforo platform. We encountered a few technical issues during the vBulletin to Xenforo migration and most sincerely apologize for the downtime. We hope the wait will be worth it though.

Along with the more clean & modern design -- which should show fine on all your various mobile devices -- we hope you will enjoy the enhanced functionality the Xenforo script provides. It truly is superb and is a defined upgrade from the clunkiness of older vBulletin script. As with most change, it may take a little while to get used to. We are hopeful that once you've familiarized yourself with the new format, design & enhancements, that you'll be pleased with the hours of planning and creative consultation that went in to bringing you the new Signs101 Forum.

There is still a bit of work yet to be done as for varnishing the canvas, putting the polishing touch on some of the rough spots as it were. That will be on-going in the next few days. During this time - we implore you to browse the site and familiarize yourself with it.

We're sure you'll have questions and concerns, perhaps a few gripes as well. So we'll open this announcement post up for all of your feedback. If you have a question about functionality: ask it! If you have a suggestion about making the design better: post it! If you have feedback, whether positive or negative: feel free to share it! We'd love to hear what you have to say and will most definitely take all feedback in consideration and put it to use in an effort to make your Signs101 community experience even better.

We only ask one thing: that you please keep your feedback & critiques constructive.

Thanks. And enjoy!

Attachments

• new-portal-article.png
    new-portal-article.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 13,000
Last edited by a moderator:

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
ISSUES LOGGING IN?
  1. If you have any issues using your usual username/password - Please use the form at https://www.signs101.com/lost-password/
  2. Usernames with commas in them have had the comma removed. Remove the comma from your username before logging in. For instance. The old username "Signs101, Inc" will need to be changed to "Signs101 Inc" (no comma)

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Seems pretty zippy when mousing around using Chrome.
Is there a compact view that will cut down the scrolling & work on smaller device screens?
Do we have to leave our shoes at the door to keep from marking up the new carpet?

wayne k
guam usa

ikarasu

Anyone else having issues on the front page on mobile? Forums seem fine when I actually go-to them.. But it looks like weird constraints on chrome.mobile. also does the same thing on Firefox.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170124-183058.png
    Screenshot_20170124-183058.png
    183.8 KB · Views: 429
Good evening everyone. We're happy to introduce you to newly upgraded Signs101 that you now see is on the Xenforo platform. We encountered a few technical issues during the vBulletin to Xenforo migration and most sincerely apologize for the downtime. We hope the wait will be worth it though.

Along with the more clean & modern design -- which should show fine on all your various mobile devices -- we hope you will enjoy the enhanced functionality the Xenforo script provides. It truly is superb and is a defined upgrade from the clunkiness of older vBulletin script. As with most change, it may take a little while to get used to. We are hopeful that once you've familiarized yourself with the new format, design & enhancements, that you'll be pleased with the hours of planning and creative consultation that went in to bringing you the new Signs101 Forum.

There is still a bit of work yet to be done as for varnishing the canvas, putting the polishing touch on some of the rough spots as it were. That will be on-going in the next few days. During this time - we implore you to browse the site and familiarize yourself with it.

We're sure you'll have questions and concerns, perhaps a few gripes as well. So we'll open this announcement post up for all of your feedback. If you have a question about functionality: ask it! If you have a suggestion about making the design better: post it! If you have feedback, whether positive or negative: feel free to share it! We'd love to hear what you have to say and will most definitely take all feedback in consideration and put it to use in an effort to make your Signs101 community experience even better.

We only ask one thing: that you please keep your feedback & critiques constructive.

Thanks. And enjoy!

I think it is a nice improvement, but search seems to not be working from an iPad.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Design looks nice but will take some getting used to by those who've been using the vBulletin look for a long time. Encountered a lot of missing images and broken links. For example, anyone wanting to buy a subscription can't get there for the time being due to broken link. Some titles, such as mine are incorrect.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
I noticed that when searching the results are not sorted based on the age of the thread and a lot of older threads are listed before the most current threads. They also seem to vary from search to search. For example, I did a search for Summa and the first batch of results were from 2014 and then did a second search for Summa and those results were from 2004. Doesn't seem like the search tool is organizing the results at all. Hopefully this is something that will eventually be fixed.

jayhawksigns

It's possible I missed these things but what I see so far.

I was one who used the carbon theme, didn't know if theming/color options would be coming eventually. Long term project by all means.

Is there a new way to refresh to see new post. Again, with the old site I could just refresh the page and it showed the newest posts. Now it literally just refreshes the page without reloading any information. Have to click New Posts to see new posts now. Its a usability thing, a habit to change, but its just something I saw.

WildWestDesigns

I was one who used the carbon theme, didn't know if theming/color options would be coming eventually. Long term project by all means.

This is the one thing that I'm missing about the old one.

Everything else, just takes time to grown on one. That's really it. Some options in different places etc, but once one gets used to that no big deal.

Noticed one quirk on an iPad viewing the home screen and the "new posts" section. Seems to have "squished it" some.

Everything else takes time to get used to, but I do miss the theme, especially the carbon one.

Status
Not open for further replies.