• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wet Installation Help

autowrap

Dry is the best but if you are doing a wet install try ditching the masking. I have had great success applying the wrap without any masking. Use a felt squeegee to not get scratches. Also, let the printed vinyl cure for at least 48hrs so the ink can saturate the vinyl without streaking the print when you apply it. Peace.

BobM

Why do we spend thousands on computers and software and cutters and printers and then baulk at spending 5 cents to make a difficult install easy? RapidTac II is as much a tool as is your equipment to produce your product is a tool.

MikePro

+1 rapidtac. ...or less soap.
i've also been known to use a little isopropyl in my mix. helps "flash dry" so to speak.
wet applies great and sticks just as hard as a dry application.

anotherdog

another vote for rapid-tac, but I too have encoutered that window treatment that is designed to shrug off dirt. It also shrugs off frosted vinyl, I had to redo that one dry.

plus customers love the smell of rapid-tac, a nice chaser to the harsh isopropyl

Circleville Signs

What Keith said. I'm trying to figure out how large something would have to be for me to use a wet application...Did a 4.5'x10' window last week dry...

Circleville Signs

Just looked at the pics you posted...2 things...

1. Nice job :)

2. That is TOTALLY a dry job. Print/cut with IJ180-CV3, mask, install. Or, do it as full wrap on each side.