• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

We've Been Wrap Busy

SSG_SIGNS

Seems like the wrap business is getting a good push lately, been very busy and I have one I am working on this week, gotta love it. :rock-n-roll:

Attachments

• P1010005.jpg
    P1010005.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 219
  • Gadsden Inn (2).jpg
    Gadsden Inn (2).jpg
    97 KB · Views: 136
  • RONNIE PARTS (6).jpg
    RONNIE PARTS (6).jpg
    111 KB · Views: 141
  • RONNIE PARTS (1).jpg
    RONNIE PARTS (1).jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 144
  • Gadsden Inn.jpg
    Gadsden Inn.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 155

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Who's Henry?

I thought you meant the van. Not about the obvious Ford logo being used, but the w-h-o-l-e blue background is a gigantic Ford emblem and I thought you were asking if he got permission from Ford to duplicate those logos all over the place or just went on the 'say-so' from the customer.

:Oops:

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
We just wrapped a Transit connect a couple of weeks ago with almost the same light blue color ... Tundra looks cool, every second person seems to want camo these days!

SSG_SIGNS

I thought you meant the van. Not about the obvious Ford logo being used, but the w-h-o-l-e blue background is a gigantic Ford emblem and I thought you were asking if he got permission from Ford to duplicate those logos all over the place or just went on the 'say-so' from the customer.
:Oops:
The customer is a ford dealership no permission needed.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm not second guessing you, but I thought that even being a dealership.... one still needed written permission to use something not in the marketing booklet ALL dealerships are provided upon opening a dealership.

Since this is not an authorized advertisement, I would think Corporate would need to see the layout first to be sure that they agree with this guy's tastes or not in local advertising. Right now, we're doing some signs for Dairy Queens in the area and even the authorized drawings have to be signed off by Corporate.

No deviations are allowed by most, if not all, big name companies.

In all of our dealings with any level of franchises, corporations and whatever else having stockholders, shareholders, key overseers, chief sales officers and marketing advisers all need to be sure of what is out there representing their company. I wouldn't think being a dealership gives this guy the rights to duplicate 'Ford' logos.

Last edited:

Pat Whatley

Wrong answer. While I doubt Ford is going to hunt down and sue one of their dealers, especially with the current state of affairs, the dealer still has to get permission and they have to adhere to the corporate graphic standards.

Looks good.

I worked down in Gadsden a year ago for my other job's sister Co. (Jay Midsouth). Good people. Went to the oasis and chestnut station (i think) everynight to do alittle partying. ha

rjpjr

Just a heads up…

The attached .jpgs are screen captures of Ford’s “Oval Owners Manual” which is an authoritative guideline on the proper use of the Ford Oval logo.

You are indeed correct that you did not need Ford’s direct permission to use the logo since the work was done for a “Dealer”, however as stated on the third image provided, you needed to follow their guidelines exactly. I believe that I see three errors that would not have been approved by the caretakers of Ford’s identity. The rotating of the oval logo is not permitted and it appears that the incorrect Ford Oval logo was used. The third error would appear to be the use of the Ford Oval included in another’s identity.

Attachments

• FRDpg1.jpg
    FRDpg1.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 187
  • FRDpg2.jpg
    FRDpg2.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 178
  • FRDpg3.jpg
    FRDpg3.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 171
  • FRDpg4.jpg
    FRDpg4.jpg