• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

We've Been Wrap Busy

rjpjr

another attachment not included above...

Attachments

• FRDpg6.jpg
    FRDpg6.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 104

SSG_SIGNS

Take it up with the owner of the dealership not me, he pays me to do what he asks for & I do it... If Ford has a problem with it I am sure they would have told him not to use the logo in this way a long time ago, & I know for a fact that the big wigs have been at his place & have seen the things he has asked us to do for him & nothing has ever been said.

rjpjr

I apologize if you took offense to my post.

No offense was intended.

This thread will be viewed by many people. Some may ask…“Do you really need to get permission from Ford to use their logo if it is for one of their dealers?” I provided them an answer to that question. I am familiar with this situation based on our own “Learning Experience” :doh:

Again, Sorry if you were offended.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I also apologize if you took this as a personal bashing.

It's more of an eye opener for other people that do these things without taking the proper steps to insure they don't get in trouble for doing something that someone else had no authority to give them to get a job done. Hence, why I said the customer's 'say-so'.

Following proper procedure happens all the time in our business and it seems to be getting tighter in the last few years. As rjp displayed the various rules... when following them to the letter, one doesn't need to get permission. It's when the designer/customer deviates from the guidelines and starts getting creative that trained eyes will notice it and usually its the person/company providing the printed media that gets the bulk of the blame.

We as sign makers have a responsibility to everyone to make sure what we are reproducing is following all the rules laid out by lawmakers, corporations and local businesses. Should we not follow the rules... why should anyone ... anywhere follow any rules ?? Why should anyone trust us if we pass the blame onto someone that doesn't know the rules ??

Again, as rjp mentioned... this is a learning experience for anyone reading this information for what it is. If you choose not to adhere to the written rules, then by all means... take your chances, but it doesn't do anyone any good to make excuses for something that is actually unacceptable or incorrect and then turn around and give others false hope in doing something wrong or illegal.