• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what catches your shirts out the dryer?

novative ang

what do you use to catch shirts as they come out the dryer?

we're currently renovating our shop and im trying to find solutions to all of the little problems - this is one of them...

right now we have two boxes at the end to catch the shirts - im thinking about building something like a fabric catchall that i can attach.

just wondering what everyone else has set up for this???

thanks,
angie

Locals Find!

In my old screenprintg shop we invested in large commercial laundry baskets. They were cloth on a metal frame with caster wheels.

I don't remember where we bought them its been years. However, that was what we found worked best. Kept them clean and was easy to move the finished shirts over to the folding and packaging area quickly.

Dentafrice

In the screenprinting shop I've been in, at the end of the dryer he had a very large produce box.

You know, the ones in the grocery store that holds the watermelons and pumpkins.

Inside that he put clear plastic like a trash bag.. and boom, you're done.

cdiesel

At first I thought you were asking for pictures of my girlfriend...

The produce boxes you're referring to are called gaylords. Seriously. We use them to collect scraps for recycling and Laird picks everything up.

Dentafrice

Yep! They work great at the end of his dryer! With the plastic sheeting / garbage bags (really big ones) in it.. makes it easy to scoop the shirts right out.

weaselboogie

In my past life working at a screen print shop, 90% of the time there was someone there catching, tagging, sorting, counting. It was something that needed to be done at some point, so it seemed easier to have it done while it was delivered on a belt instead of lumped in a pile.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Dang...too late...somebody already beat me to it.

JB

Attachments

• DSC_2880.jpg
    DSC_2880.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 59