• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What color green is this?

AirJordan

Im trying to figure out what color green is used on these logos. I looking at using green over red and I want it to pop. I want to use oracal and im thinking green-yellow would be the color but Im not sure.

What do you guys think? :thankyou:

Attachments

• OTElogo.jpg
    OTElogo.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 91
  • IMAG0090.jpg
    IMAG0090.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 101

OhioSignShop

Are you kidding? if you don't have a vinyl sample card, get one. They are free from your supply source. Looking at a "green" on an RGB monitor from an unknown and uncalibrated scanner, camera or source chain is nonsense.

HulkSmash

you can take it into illy or photoshop, sample drop it and go into the colo pallet, and get the cmyk %'s

Tim Kingston

If their website is accurate (most are but this one looks a little dubious :rolleyes: ):
This is for the first one; sounds like you are cutting vinyl not printing, but this might help you reference it. The second one, I couldn't even find a website; I wouldn't trust just sampling the image you provided. Tim

Attachments

• Sample_1.jpg
    Sample_1.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 70

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like you're talking vinyl colors and not printable colors. That would make it an 'Apple Green', or some reasonable fact similie.

AirJordan

Yes I am talking about vinyl colors. I know its a broad question just trying to get ideas. I deal with fellers so its just a warehouse and I dont want to wait for a color sample to be shipped. The Lawn Tech sign is mine but I did not make it. I can tell you the color in the pic looks the same in person it is a bright stand out green. I have not touched the cutter in over three years and even then I was only doing limited stuff. Im still a newbie so please dont be so hard on me. Im only trying to educate myself.

Thanks to every one trying to help even those that were a little harsh.:cool1:

phototec

Go to the Oracal website, and look through their on-line color chart, not as perfect as comparing actual color samples, but will get you close.

Determine what brand you plan on using and order the FREE color samples to have on hand for the next job.

My monitor calibration and ambient room lighting will be different from yours, so I can only make a general recommendation:

Lawn Tech green looks like it could be Oracal 751 064 yellow green, or 063 lime-tree green.

Sorry, I can't be more precise, as others have mentioned, because our monitors are not calibrated, there is NO WAY, what I see on my monitor would match the green you see on yours.

:wavingflag:

grafixemporium

Im trying to figure out what color green is used on these logos. I looking at using green over red and I want it to pop. I want to use oracal and im thinking green-yellow would be the color but Im not sure. What do you guys think?

On my Viewsonic at the shop, it looks like a bright lime green. On my HP laptop, more of an avacado. On my iPhone, I'd say it's more of a chartreuse. On my 15" monochrome CRT from 1989... well, you get the point.

skyhigh

So what exactly are you trying to say Wayne??????
If I didn't know better, I'd swear you were making fun of Pennsylvanians. Watch your step there buddy. :cool:

OldPaint

3. keller
the way the hicks from pennsylvania say "color".
what keller is your car?
AND IAM FROM PA...........YOUWANAMAKESOMETHINOUTAIT??????