• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what force do you guys set your plotter when cutting laminated vinyl graphics?

0igo

for some reason my machine reset itself (smh) and i don't know what force i had it set to when i cut through laminated vinyl. my laminate is 3mil thick my material is 2.5mil

TimToad

That question is nearly impossible to answer unless we all had the same plotter, used the same blades, same media, same laminate, etc.

JR's

I agree with everyone else. It would very.

What I started to do and it's been helping out really good is.
I have all the manuals at the side of the computer.
And in the front cover is usually a blank page.
I enter all the variables blade types, pressure of the knife, material type, thickness,
and even the temperature in the room.
This way if I load a different material. For instance I take out high performance and I load reflective with a laminate I referred to my notes.

I hope this tip helps.
JR

CanuckSigns

in the time it took you to wait for the answers, you could have loaded a test piece into your plotter and dialed in your settings, some of your threads make me shake my head a bit, have you ever met Addie?

That question is nearly impossible to answer unless we all had the same plotter, used the same blades, same media, same laminate, etc.

Even if all these things were the exact same. You still might be different. If you increase or decrease the amount of blade exposed the pressure required might be different.

Sign Works

.:banghead:.

Attachments

• 220710-May-The-Force-Be-With-You.jpg
    220710-May-The-Force-Be-With-You.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 153

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
in the time it took you to wait for the answers, you could have loaded a test piece into your plotter and dialed in your settings, some of your threads make me shake my head a bit, have you ever met Addie?

I wonder what ever happened to Addie?

[video=youtube;zkxukPDUDNI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkxukPDUDNI[/video]

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:Big Laugh....... I remember it well.

The reincarnation of him, is in another thread. :wink:

0igo

no worries guys, tbullo came through with the right answer. thank you. and Gino it's funny I can't remember what settings I had but I can remember where I stashed your gatorboard lol