• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions What is the best paper to use as a template?

MF Matthew

"Give me PRINTING or give me DEATH"
Hey everyone, I am looking for suggestions on a sturdy roll media that I can use my HP Latex 64 Cutter to make templates. We are currently using a Sihl paper, but it is too lightweight and when I try to plot out a template, it either is too much pressure or not enough.
What does everyone use that will work for making templates?

2B

a lightweight & cheap Scrimm Banner.

have had too many mounting templates get torn by wind gusts on location to ever use paper again

myront

CorelDRAW is best
A "one time use" template i.e. painting? Removable vinyl works great or paintmask vinyl. Just have to cut as many as it takes.
Template pattern for cut acrylic letters or molded plastic?

Andy D

a lightweight & cheap Scrimm Banner.

have had too many mounting templates get torn by wind gusts on location to ever use paper again
I agree with 2B, you can't beat cheap banner material for exterior patterns. An additional benifit is you can print your patterns vs pen plotting them; some plotters will get off quite a bit on long pen patterns, due to the fact that they're running the paper back and forth from one edge to the other, multiple times...

visual800

I just got 2 rolls of 20lb paper for the summa for pen plotting found it on amazon OCE 20lb 150ft 30"

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
For extremely rough / uneven surfaces (field stone, cut stone, flagstone, etc...) and adverse weather conditions, Tyvek makes an absolutely bullet proof template.

JB