• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What is the best way to roll up cut vinyl with application tape installed?

phototec

When shipping long rolls of cut vinyl, is it better to roll with the application tape on the outside or inside?

I have not shipped any cut vinyl with application tape installed for a very long time, however, I remember the application tape bubbled up pretty bad.

What is the best way to roll it up? Thanks

Moze

Precision Sign Services
When shipping long rolls of cut vinyl, is it better to roll with the application tape on the outside or inside?

I have not shipped any cut vinyl with application tape installed for a very long time, however, I remember the application tape bubbled up pretty bad.

What is the best way to roll it up? Thanks

It's better for the installer if you ship it with the graphics rolled to the inside. Then when he gets to the site and opens it and sees its all tunneled, he can charge a nice trip charge and just roll on to the next install. Then he can come back at another date with the vinyl that has been correctly rolled with the graphics side out, and preferably tightly around a tube, and charge for another trip charge plus the install.

/s

mim

0_o
Outside. If you roll it with the graphics on the inside they will lift off the backing paper (in my experience)

ikarasu

99% of my sales are online with pre mask.

I used to use grimcos pre mask since that's what I was used to... But it tended to lift a lot.

Now I use 3m scps-55. It's about 40% more per roll... But it grabs onto the backer paper way better and doesnt tunnel as much while being in the mail.

I couldn't get the stuff made for air release liners locally... Otherwise I'd have tried that as well.

The cheap stuff is great for installs,. I'd say everyone who ships produ ts out, even occasionally should get a roll of the good stuff and use it just for their shipments... It's amazing the difference between the two.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
99% of my sales are online with pre mask.

I used to use grimcos pre mask since that's what I was used to... But it tended to lift a lot.

Now I use 3m scps-55. It's about 40% more per roll... But it grabs onto the backer paper way better and doesnt tunnel as much while being in the mail.

I couldn't get the stuff made for air release liners locally... Otherwise I'd have tried that as well.

The cheap stuff is great for installs,. I'd say everyone who ships produ ts out, even occasionally should get a roll of the good stuff and use it just for their shipments... It's amazing the difference between the two.

We use this stuff too (3M SCPS-55) and I agree it does work the best. I've tried other "comparable" masks and they never hold as well.

Definitely pricey but it just gets built into the cost.