• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What kind of iMac do I need to run Adobe CC

jesper

Hey guys

What type of iMac do I need to run the Creative Cloud package?
Looking to buy on the 2nd hand market.

//J

hcardwell93

I'm running it on a 21.5" Late 2009 iMac. I maxed out the RAM with 16BG and I don't have an issue. I wouldn't go with a machine any older.

oksigns

You don't need a mac to run Adobe CC.

I design on custom built PCs that are a fraction of their cost and end up with higher specs.

We should ask, what sort of jobs will you be doing?

Tim Aucoin

I'm currently running on a late 2015 iMac (27" 5K Retina, 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5) 32GB RAM and 1TB fusion drive. Runs super duper fast and smooth.
But... prior to this I was also running on a late 2009 iMac with 16GB RAM and a 512K Fusion Drive... still ran very well for me.
Go as high as you can with your budget... realize the return on investment, as sometimes that's hard to measure when looking for a machine to run software. Think of the time savings and frustration savings...

rjssigns

2012 or later with at least 1GB RAM for graphics. Adobe CC likes to see 2GB for graphics.

My next iMac will be a refurb direct from Apple. Big savings and warrantied as new, can even buy the extended warranty.

You can always check macsales.com as they are offering official Apple refurbs. Macofalltrades.com has them occasionally too.