• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what materials

slappy

What should i use to do the red rocker panels on this truck? I've found a 1" wide pinstripe for the top section... but i'm confused about the rockers? I was planning on just putting vinyl for the website name.. but the customer wants red wheel to wheel... Any suggestions?? I don't want it to get ruined by stones chipping away at it..

Thanks so much!

Last edited:

Mark L

Another option is the red vinyl and then you can cover the most leading edges with the 3M Paint protection film. It will stop stone chipping.
Do a search on 3M.com/ppf for installer in your area or to buy the material..

slappy

sold him nerf bars already... and a cap, roofrack, bedliner, rainguards... this is going to be done when the vehicle comes in for those things..
\

I thought about the mud flaps.. actually mentioned it to my grimco man before this post..

I did not think about the paint protect film.. that is a good idea.

you all don't think laminated vinyl would hold up?? I've done rocker panels in camo before plenty of times.. 3m controltac with i think lam on it (it's glossy and thick) so i thought about getting a roll of that in red and laminated by someoen..

i don't know.. i'll look into the paint protect film

WrapperX

Honestly nothing is going to protect 100%. Thats a vulnerable area to all kinds of attacks. Rain/Sleet/Salt during winter and spring. Rocks and other debris all year round. Just tell him that you can put mud flaps, and "protective" laminate on it but nothing is going to be fool proof or 100%. There's no way to gaurentee that.

MikePro

i'd go with 3m controltac in a stock red color, can cut the pinstripe out of it as well to match your colors. laminate? sure, but not necessary if you're just gonna put up a stock color film... should protect just the same.
he just has to know that whatever chipping that may happen, would've happened to a paint job as well. nothing lasts forever.

stickermonkey

Sorry for pirating here...but..ok...so this intrigues me...it sounds to me like you guys sell after market accessories....SOOOO many of my customers would be interested in this. Any idea of a good supplier to deal with for such wares?? Canadian preferably.

thx Kyla