• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What printer for the hobbyist which got enough of L25500?

Chris Formela

Don't buy a used latex printer. The 115 is a throw away, buy it new if that's your pick.
I know what you mean. I bough L25500 used and still can't fully enjoy using it. One problem after the other. Unfortunately, £10.000 is far to much (for me) for something that wont really make any profit and be used commercially.

P.S. I've had another look and 315 will be the one to buy as its and upgrade to 315 and widely available.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
110/115/310/315/330/335/360/365 it's almost all the same for your use.
You would just benefit from the smaller ink cartridges but if you can find a good which ever one used it's all good...

That 25500 purchase was a mistake from the start, people almost pay to get rid of them.

Buy your prints from someone else. You might be better off in the long run with your low usage. Supply them files and do what you love restoring the pinball machines. Kudos as well for this, always loved a good pinball game!

Chris Formela

Buy your prints from someone else. You might be better off in the long run with your low usage. Supply them files and do what you love restoring the pinball machines. Kudos as well for this, always loved a good pinball game!
Thanks.
It's not only the pinball cabinet art. It's also small stickers for the playfield and lot of other random stuff. I run own computer shop/service so there is always something needed. Info labels for the new builds, car stickers and many more. I like the idea of being able to print anytime without wasting time for collecting the projects etc., even if it cost me a bit more.

Chris Formela

Well... meantime I've had a look on my l25500. I was trying to make it useful till I get a new one.
Managed to recondition the maintenance unit. However it was suspiciously dirty, basically flodded with ink. I've found few rubber pads off so the heads were not sealed properly while not used.
Put everything together but taken off the side cover this time to watch the whole process and clean the carriage properly.
That's what I've found:

Chris Formela

20220513_163303.jpg
20220513_163309.jpg

Attachments

• 20220513_161430.jpg
    20220513_161430.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 55
  • 20220513_163316.jpg
    20220513_163316.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 55

Chris Formela

Basically, missing bit on the carriage wasnt pushing the heads seals. Heads were staying constantly open and drying!

Ill try to reconstruct the missing bit with melted in thick wire unless someone here got L25500/L26500 carriage for sell at quite normal price.

Last edited:

ikarasu

Have you looked in your area? I see people trying to give away l255s all the time in my area. If you're willing to him it to the garbage when you're done scavenging it for parts, most places will give it to you.