• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What PVC/HDU material to use when making an outdoor sign with a CNC?

Wtgwoodshop

I have been commissioned to make an outdoor sign that will hang from a bracket in exposed elements in Indiana. I've wanted for some time to use my CNC to engrave a sign in PVC board and thought this would be a great opportunity to do so but am unsure of which material specifically to use. They are wanting it painted as well and it will be double-sided. Something that has a little bit of weight to it so it doesn't blow constantly in the wind but weight isn't the number one factor to me in this project. The sign will be 24" x 24" and they are wanting it at least an inch thick, preferably 1 1/2" or 2" thick. Any suggestions?

Billct2

Agree with Gino, kinda. Two single face panels with a couple steel channels sandwiched in between to add weight and stiffness. They can also stick out enough to act as hangers