• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What should I have done question

Andy D

What should I have done question:
I was just at Subway to pick up a sub I ordered via their app.. One lady there and she was slammed, she told me to get in line... whatever, no big deal... while in line this couple gets inline behind me, they look like they could be homeless, I hear her say "I'm not going to the hospital" & she was wheezing and coughing, she had a mask, but she had it pulled down... I got the F out of there right away & I let the store manager know (it was a Subway in a gas station)... I'm wondering if I should have done more like called someone, do you call a cop if someone is out in public and there's a good chance they have Covid?

I sat in my car until they left, to get the sandwich I already paid for...I probably shouldn't have done that.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
People pull all kindsa tricks to gip in line or get things for free. No real way to know if she was carrying covid19 stuff or not, but I would've walked out immediately and left. F*ck that sandwich. There's always someplace else to get food. What's 10 bucks vs your health ?? You told the girl, but I doubt she's gonna do anything about it, either. Sounds like she was too swamped. Don't turn into a Nazi and start reporting people. That just makes things crazier.

Last edited:

WildWestDesigns

I've seen people fake a cough to get away with some things. Very easy to use a heightened fear of something to try to take advantage of the situation.

Johnny Best

I am going to cough and say I am not going to the hospital the next time I am in line.
"what should I have done?" Next time you buy groceries get some cold cuts, lettuce, tomatoes and hoagie rolls and make your own and stay out of the Covid places like Racetrack gas stations.

Andy D

I know what ya'll are saying... but I would bet a paycheck she wasn't faking..

Edited to add: but women have faked before and I never knew :)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I doubt you'd pay up on your bet, if you went back in that place to get your sandwich.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If at least one person in the store (to include yourself) had a mask on you were either 100% safe of 100% doomed, depending on who you get your news info from.

I'm no Jussie Smollette - I would have abandoned the sub.

rjssigns

Like Johnny Best I make my own sammiches. If I'm going to be gone all day installing I pack my lunch pail just like when I used to punch a clock.

ikarasu

For some reason after I eat I cough.... A lot. It makes eating out a bit tricky. I try to hold it in, but that doesn't always work out.... I've got a few deathening stares.

There's plenty of reasons to cough. Homeless people tend to have health problems. For some reason, even though you'd think they'd be the prime.candidate for covid... We haven't had a homeless outbreak here. And it's not just because they don't get tested.... In Canada it's free testing. They say being outdoors there's little risk of getting covid, it's when You're indoors that the chances get bad... So maybe their lifestyle is protecting them.

I still would have left. Unfortunately there's not much you can do besides that.

Jeremiah

What should I have done question:
I was just at Subway to pick up a sub I ordered via their app.. One lady there and she was slammed, she told me to get in line... whatever, no big deal... while in line this couple gets inline behind me, they look like they could be homeless, I hear her say "I'm not going to the hospital" & she was wheezing and coughing, she had a mask, but she had it pulled down... I got the F out of there right away & I let the store manager know (it was a Subway in a gas station)... I'm wondering if I should have done more like called someone, do you call a cop if someone is out in public and there's a good chance they have Covid?

I sat in my car until they left, to get the sandwich I already paid for...I probably shouldn't have done that.
Were you wearing a mask? Were you distanced from them ? Did you feel comfortable at the start going into a public place to order food ? These are questions I ask myself every time I go in public .

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Really!!!! Call the Cops????
See something say something huh! That's what happens in communist countries to disappear your neighbor.

I'll answer your question. "What should I have done?"
NOT A DAMN THING, BUT WALK AWAY.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I would have left too! I hate people who spread their gross germs all over. My boyfriend fake coughs as he says Corona EVERY time we enter a store. Everybody stares, it's so embarrassing. They probably did the same thing to get infront of the line. Losers.

Andy D

Really!!!! Call the Cops????
See something say something huh! That's what happens in communist countries to disappear your neighbor.

I'll answer your question. "What should I have done?"
NOT A DAMN THING, BUT WALK AWAY.
Yeah, that would have been a huge over reaction, however 138,000 deaths so far...
Even if she didn't think she had Covid, she still could have... a person hacking up a lung should not
be in public, period.

Andy D

I would have left too! I hate people who spread their gross germs all over. My boyfriend fake coughs as he says Corona EVERY time we enter a store. Everybody stares, it's so embarrassing. They probably did the same thing to get infront of the line. Losers.
I probably should have explained the situation better, she wasn't just coughing, she was coughing in her hands trying to catch her breath, barely able to talk...
If it wasn't Covid, she definitely had something.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I probably should have explained the situation better, she wasn't just coughing, she was coughing in her hands trying to catch her breath, barely able to talk...
If it wasn't Covid, she definitely had something.
If this was in January before Covid, we would all be just as grossed out. Even if she just has the flu or a cold, it's GROSS!!!! I can't stand those people sniffling and coughing all over. When I worked in the office at my last job, some stupid diehards would get everyone else sick, but they sure were workers, working through the pain and sickness - LOSERS. STAY HOME!!!

WildWestDesigns

If this was in January before Covid, we would all be just as grossed out. Even if she just has the flu or a cold, it's GROSS!!!! I can't stand those people sniffling and coughing all over. When I worked in the office at my last job, some stupid diehards would get everyone else sick, but they sure were workers, working through the pain and sickness - LOSERS. STAY HOME!!!

I remember I used to get sick twice a year like clock work. This was back when I was in college. People were still showing up (not really doing anything, but still showing up). Since most of my work and contact is digital, I only get sick when the little one gets sick (which isn't that often). I'm naturally a hermit as it is, so it's like I've been training for this my entire life. I think I have only been off the place 4 times since all this started.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I remember I used to get sick twice a year like clock work. This was back when I was in college. People were still showing up (not really doing anything, but still showing up). Since most of my work and contact is digital, I only get sick when the little one gets sick (which isn't that often). I'm naturally a hermit as it is, so it's like I've been training for this my entire life. I think I have only been off the place 4 times since all this started.
Same here, I only get sick now when my boys get sick. Back in Jan/Feb we were brutally sick with what I suspect may have been Covid (maybe not but same symptoms). I don't have many visitors in my shop so like you, I'm pretty isolated. And I like it that way! LOL