• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What should I look for before buying a used printer?

Billct2

My two suggestions.
If you are hell bent on buying a used printer and you are not an expert technician buy a used/refurb with soem kind of warranty from a dealer.
And I don't think anyone mentioned needing a laminator?
My second suggestion, set up an account with a wholesale printer and do the design and install and leave the printing/laminating headaches to someone else.

Chasez

A Roland 54" for $350? RUN AWAY!!

So no one is going to agree in this forum about what printer to get. But I recommend an eco-solvent printer due to faster cure times, but also consider getting one with white ink. It's very useful and doesn't limit you.

White ink is great in theory but it takes A TON of work! it gums up very quickly! Unless you plan on printing white frequently (every day or two) its not worth having the white ink.

Good luck on your search, but the only way I would ever buy a used printer would be a dealer refurb.

Chaz

ams

White ink is great in theory but it takes A TON of work! it gums up very quickly! Unless you plan on printing white frequently (every day or two) its not worth having the white ink.

Good luck on your search, but the only way I would ever buy a used printer would be a dealer refurb.

Chaz

Some printers now have a circulating system that is like an auto clean but keeps the white ink mixed every few hours.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Unless you use it continuously almost on a daily basis, even those agitating systems won't do jack. Nice feature, but useless for most applications.