• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What should this be priced at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosh

We do barn ones for $700 (8'x8') You need to work on your design a bit, also we print them and laminate with matte and put them on .040 aluminum.

Yeah, it need to look more like a quilt, less bright colors, more pastels.

JKADesigns

To all of you who asked what it was- it's a "Barn Quilt". More accuratley, a "Garage Quilt".

I'm making them 2ft by 2ft for residental garages and sheds. They are very popular here- check out www.barnquilts.com. That's about 40 miles away. They're usually hand-painted, but I think they would sell well if they're made out of vinyl.

They're usually made from standard quilt blocks, and the customer can choose whatever quilt block they would like.
As Pat said, I should be putting them on 6mm PVC or acrylic, which would ultimatley increase the value to the final customer at minimal increase in cost. I also know that I probably should be doing them with good digital prints, but at this point in time all I have is a vinyl plotter, so cut vinyl is going to have to be the way they're done unless I can find someone to do the digital prints cheap.

How much can these be done for with digital prints wholesale if I supply the corel file?

To Jill, John, Cheap, I'm awfully sorry, but you seem to be a couple of good Eastern liberals, and all us people out West seem to be backwoods country hicks to you, so be it, I'll make sure you're not on the list to get one of these. Unfortunatley, the farmers who produce much of the food you eat and the beef in your local market just happen to be some of the biggest customers of the full size versions of these barn quilts. The quilting community and the Amish are not the correct markets.... Check out www.barnquilts.com and tell me they aren't popular, LOL.

I said in my OP to please disregard the defects in the sign if you didn't read that... this was the first one I did and it didn't come out well at all.

To Tyrant Designer... I know 3 hours is a long time, it's the 2nd one I made and the 1st one I did with angles and the first time I worked with Coreldraw7 and making triangles. Then, the cutter holder loosened up on my machine and wasted 3 sheets of yellow because I thought my downforce wasn't high enough. Thanks for the advice on the colors and the coverage, and I will def. be using better materials.

To OldPaint.... don't waste breath being an ass, please. You have some good things to say, but a whole lot of hot air and two inches of this thread.

To MikePaul... about an hour for me, once this is down, so $65-100 each is what I'm looking at, will probably start pricing around $100 and go up or down from there depending on colors and customization.

To Jesse and Wild West Designs... Shut up. You don't know what it is, what it's meant for, and I just want some opinions on what I should charge for them. I know I can't get $250 each, but the question is if I should charge $50 or $150 or somewhere in between. I know materials run around $15 each. I don't want to leave any money on the table, but I want to sell a lot of them.

To Mosh... finally, someone who knows what I'm talking about and I appreciate seeing how much the 8x8's cost. Thank you. I just took the design out of a quilting book- the colors on this one aren't right for the "Sunburst" design.

Anybody care to tell me how much these should be wholesale? I can run off 8 at a time or whatever is the cheapest way to do it.

Thanks again for all of your replies. Thick skin or whatever you want to call it... all you're doing by being an ass is wasting two inches of thread space, so you're welcome to do it, it's not going to bug me or stop me. I'm just looking for honest help and I've gotten it here, so I'm posting again. Thank you.

CES020

My guess is you could have them made wholesale on something durable for less than $10 each with any quantity. Spend your time on creating designs and let someone with the right equipment make them the right way so your reputation grows from offering quality products that last.

Making things with what you have "just because that's all you have" isn't a great way to do business, in my opinion.

If you needed surgery and the doctor only had a butter knife, would you let him continue or would you find someone with a scalpel that could do the job?

There are many merchant members on this site that offer outstanding products at excellent prices.

SignManiac

Looks to be a good niche' market. Do you suppose I could sell dimensionally carved versions of them, say 4'x4' in the neighborhood of $2k??? I could kick these out like no tomorrow.

petepaz

seriously since there is such a difference in the areas like has been said many times before, you have to charge what you need to get to make money.
as a general practice depending on the what it is we try to get 3 to 4 times material
if there is alot of labor then throw some more in. but what you are showing is a 2x2 coro sign i would charge about 40-50 bucks digitally printed and mounted to coro

and checked out the website looks pretty nifty if you are in the right area/market

JKADesigns

My guess is you could have them made wholesale on something durable for less than $10 each with any quantity. Spend your time on creating designs and let someone with the right equipment make them the right way so your reputation grows from offering quality products that last.

Making things with what you have "just because that's all you have" isn't a great way to do business, in my opinion.

If you needed surgery and the doctor only had a butter knife, would you let him continue or would you find someone with a scalpel that could do the job?

There are many merchant members on this site that offer outstanding products at excellent prices.

Yeah you have a point there. I shall seek some quotes. At this rate I'll be able to afford my own vinyl printing machine before long- which I would like to buy! Thank you!

CheapVehicleWrap

Ok, so what you're saying is you stole the design from a quilting book and I can't have any?

Howz am I suposezed to keep my garage warm this winter? HOW!?!? Tell me, HOW!?

Being that I'm cut off I might just remind you that I AM "El' Cheapo"... the CHEAPEST for your digital prints. So I hear by cut you off as well.

Yes, my garage will be really cold so I'll start insulating it with the CASH I was going to send you. Who would have thought that coroplast was a better insulator than wool anyway.

I'm also going to stop eating beef. So there.

JKADesigns

Ok, so what you're saying is you stole the design from a quilting book and I can't have any?

Howz am I suposezed to keep my garage warm this winter? HOW!?!? Tell me, HOW!?

Being that I'm cut off I might just remind you that I AM "El' Cheapo"... the CHEAPEST for your digital prints. So I hear by cut you off as well.

Yes, my garage will be really cold so I'll start insulating it with the CASH I was going to send you. Who would have thought that coroplast was a better insulator than wool anyway.

I'm also going to stop eating beef. So there.

Lmao. Thanks for the laugh. PM me a quote for a full 4x8 sheet of these done on vinyl, coroplast, or aluminum. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.