• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question What sticks to a Fire Hose?

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
I have a client that wants vinyl stickers to put on fire hoses.
They requested extra permanent adhesive.

Has anyone done this?
Will vinyl even stick to a fire hose, how long will it last?
What material/adhesive works best?

I found this with a quick google search:

"Today, most fire hoses are made of a nitrile rubber tube that is insulated by a woven polyester fabric jacket instead of the cotton fire hose canvas used in the past."

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
In my experience (selling those hoses three decades ago), paint is what sticks to fire hoses.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
I was on a volunteer department for several years, any hose marking we did was painted on. There are a lot of different hoses, and variety of materials used. Suction and booster hoses are more rigid, an aggressive permanent adhesive decal could work on those. Flat ones are jacketed with flexible polyester, rubber, etc, and change shape, don't know how well vinyl would hold up to that, plus all the bending and twisting they see.

If the hoses are branded, get the manufacturer's name, contact them, and ask what they recommend. If they recommend they be painted you can probably still get the job, just cut your own paint mask templates.
If you do them, let us know the outcome, in case anyone else ever encounters this.
Plus I'm curious now.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
3 decades?
Are they still made with the same material?
Haven't personally touched one in a minute, but- from the description you fond via Google- yes, they are. Probably with some extra coatings and abrasion resistance, but the inner lining and canvas sound exactly the same.