• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What the Font!@#%#

Lane Booth

This is bad... So bad I'm on the verge of telling the customer, "Please don't make me do this!" But his son made the design and this is what he wants, first on a banner and then on a sign. I'm not sure what font his son started out with here, but then he obviuosly got creative. If anyone here can point me in the right direction for the original font I'm sure I can recreate this atrocity, and then hide my head in shame... Thanks in advance, Lane.

sdfooiusdf!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh man!!! I thought I had this figured out....:Oops:

Plan B: The picture is on the MyFonts.com site, in the "What the Font!" section. Please help, my profit margin on this job is going downhill fast due to this font.

iSign

the pic is not there. If you uploaded it to run a search it is only "there" for you...

right click your pic on their site & choose properties... you will get the URL that way... at least paste that in here to give us a look at your problem font.

Lane Booth

Here's the picture.

c11ff68a05979e0f45eeeb325eac7010.12482.gif
:Coffee: :Coffee: :Coffee:

iSign

just reset in a better font, in less time then that spent on this post... then offer the client to have nephew-artist email you the font... or client accept your version... or move on to the next job.

Jen Goodwin

OMG...you can't read it - Who's pizza? Not only is it spelled wrong...it's in a font that makes it harder to read! ...and is that mugs and subs? Okay I figured out that it was Wings...but still - You should really be upfront with this guy and tell him that the basic layout is workable but the typeface has got to go! If he wants a banner to attract customers, it needs to be legible - just show him your version of this same layout and let him be the judge. If he still insists on using his son's layout...tell him your son will make the banner :Big Laugh J/K

Si Allen

Since when do you HAVE to do such a monstrocity?

I agree with Jen! If he insists on it....fire him!

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
The typeface would probably be easier to read if it didn't have that black drop shadow placed behind already dark text.
:Oops:

Not sure what the font is though. It kinda looks like Compacta with some stuff bitten out of it with a few pathfinder operations.

Marlene

Show him this thread and tell him the last thing he wants for his business is a sign that people laugh at and think looks like crap. Still have no idea what the name of the place is and my guess is that if the sign looks so bad the pizza must rot too.

seaviewsigns

print it on 8.5 x 11 and spray mount it to a used pizza box... there's his sign... haha!!!

you don't know this guy from more than being a customer, do you?

Leondo

After starring at it for a while the logo says RUIZ'S PIZZA which i think is a terrible name for a place...
to many izses (ex. im going to eat at ruizzesseszzeszezzz pizzzza):wine-smi:

Jen Goodwin

Ah Ha! I see it now! Much like those stupid posters that if you stare at long enough you can finally see an image. :Big Laugh

7oaks

I am so glad someone figured out the name. One of my customers called me today and said make me a no fishing sign. I made it he liked it. life is good. What a customer:peace!:

Lane Booth

Ya'all Crack Me Up!!!

Into the third and final revision now... I got the client to give up on that specific font, layed it all out nice and pretty, spliced, trimmed, over-and-underlay welded, grouped, sorted and ready to send to the cutter,... leterally 5 seconds away from sending the first cuts to the plotter,... the phone rang, it was him,... he had me chop all the corners of the font square to look more like his sons layout (Grrrr). Back to the drawing board.

Then I added all the text to the blank side areas, no added charge, just "please let me help this banner." Here's the outcome... Thanks for all the support yesterday everyone. You helped get me thru a baaadddd day!

I don't have any spelling errors, do I?:U Rock:
5_348.ts1119040908296.jpg

Last edited:

Jen Goodwin

Much better Lane!! I'm glad that you changed the font...he may not know it, but his sign is much more effective now!! Good job!