• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What to do with a recently deceased machine.

Mimaki Mama

My Mimaki JV3-75SPii's main board just died. Too many recent repairs and too much time and money to fix. We're investing in a new one.

Looking to see if anyone knows where I can sell the parts or inks (some open, some unopened, all FULL) I haven't used.

The Main Board went, and the black print head is bad. The Cyan print head is BRAND NEW. installed and never used for more than a few feet of printing.

If I'm going to sell parts, it has to be soon before the lines freeze up.

Any suggestions?

-MM

mark in tx

If the dealer you bought it from does not want to buy it for parts, then start contacting every Mimaki dealer you can find.

FatCat

You didn't say what new printer you were getting. If you're getting another Mimaki and it uses the same heads, ink, etc. I would tear it down, clean/flush parts/heads and store them for later use. Another alternative is to trade it in towards a new printer - I've seen Mutoh offering up to $7000 off with trade in of any printer greater than 30". (If it isn't working I think they just ask for the main board.) Lastly, another option may be to contact a local tech, or another Mimaki owner and see what they would pay you for it.

MikePro

you can't really get much value out of that machine if it isn't in working condition. definitely part it out if you have the time to. ...those are epson dx4 heads, correct? solvent?
slider board, printheads, scan motor, & ink pumps would be most valuable at this point and most likely swappable into other mimaki jv3's, so demand is there. could get you well over $3k. so the machine, even as a lemon, would be worth upwards of that.

start with just listing on random sites (ebay, CL, s101, etc.) just to test the waters.
+1 to seeing what you can get from resellers/trade-ins. ...there's also HUGE value in just having someone take it off your hands on a newly-discounted workhorse.

particleman

MikePro pretty much said it all. Lots of value there, most of the small stuff is easily shippable also. I will add the take up motor/assembly also, I've seen those go out on most every JV3 eventually.