• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What would be the best size structure for this sign?

Lunatic Taskbar

Hi All,

I have a sign to make its 10ft 4 x 10ft 4

The sign will denote "no Anchor" to be placed on a beach to be seen from a good distance away.

The customers question is this. How should we instruct the contractor to erect the structure on a gravel beach to hold this signage.

The Signage needs to be Just over a meter in height off the floor of the beach.

The signage will need to be made of Alupanel, 2x 5x10 with 4inch strips added to two sides to make the final size.

Does anyone know of a website that I can drop the info into to get the specific specs out? or can anyone offer any help?

Many thanks for your time in advance.

Ian

Lunatic Taskbar

Can I ask why the extra 4"?

Yes of course you can. As I asked as well. To be seen from (whatever nautical mile I don't have the specs in front of me.) their dimensions showed it needed to be 10ft, 4 x 10ft,4 they will not understand that the 4 inch on a sign that size makes no difference what so ever. Especially as the image is basically a pictograph. They are adamant that its needs to be that size so thats the size.

Ian

SebastienL

Sometin' like this ?

Attachments

• Structure affiche 8x8 autoportante.jpg
    Structure affiche 8x8 autoportante.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 70

SignManiac

2nd the engineer. No way you will get away with a free standing sandwich board like the one shown above. Wind and waves would wash that thing away. Steel and concrete footer if you don't want it to move.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, ya caught me.... on the copy. :rock-n-roll:

However, I don't think anything of that nature would hold up near the seashore year-round. He's gonna need some mighty big pylons far into the ground for stability and a lot more than 3 or 6 mm aluminum composite. Remember, the question is not what will not rot or deteriorate in these climate conditions, but....... what will hold up over a long period of time.

He's gonna need some 1 or 2 inch thick marine plywood with a hefty overlay attached to telephone poles buried about 10' in the ground.

ddarlak's advice is spot on.

2B

Hi All,

I have a sign to make its 10ft 4 x 10ft 4

The sign will denote "no Anchor" to be placed on a beach to be seen from a good distance away.

The customers question is this. How should we instruct the contractor to erect the structure on a gravel beach to hold this signage.

The Signage needs to be Just over a meter in height off the floor of the beach.

The signage will need to be made of Alupanel, 2x 5x10 with 4inch strips added to two sides to make the final size.

Does anyone know of a website that I can drop the info into to get the specific specs out? or can anyone offer any help?

Many thanks for your time in advance.

Ian

as the others have said an engineer is needed, there are too many variables when it comes to installing into constantly shifting grounds.

is this a low or high tide?
how high will the tide come onto the beach?

fixtureman

the 10'4" is probably because some one wants their friend to do it. I have seen these kind of specs when I was doing construction