• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What would you do?

redmondcopy

Hello All,

I'm looking at buying a new plotter. Here are my options.

1. I could buy a new Graphtec CE5000-60 for $1200-$1300.

2. I could buy a used Graphtec FC7000-75 for $1200.

I guess I'm trying to determine if I would really be shooting myself in the foot for not getting something larger than 24"? Right now I see myself using it mainly for contour cut decals. Just curious maybe what some of your thoughts were?

Thanks,
Grant

Craig Sjoquist

24 inch will cover most lettering and graphics needed ..new is best ... used a larger one would be great IF you have a 24 inch
when starting new just get what ya need vinyl does cost and has a shelf life ..meaning slowly getting a full stock of vinyl and using means you'll understand what your real needs are

advsign22

I have had both. Started out with a 24" Graphtec and then purchased a used 30" Summa and found it more useful for larger decals and such.

If it was me, I would start with a 30" model. I prefer Summa to the Graphtec's but the Summa will cost you a little more.
Ken

thewood

You will never regret getting a larger plotter. You said you were interested in contour cutting decals. What size printer do you have?

We have a Mimaki around 50" wide, and it still isn't large enough for some jobs.