• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's really center................. ??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
This is a new logo for a customer and they want the logo on both sides and rear of all their trucks. Somewhere in the vicinity of 140 pick ups, 80 or so utility trucks, and a hole lot of huge trucks, tri-axle and other beasts.

We're debating over the drawing below, if it should be centered dead on center or leave the little jutting part of the 'S' out of the equation.

Any ideas ?? We want to back our findings, so they don't come back after 40 or 50 vehicles and want us to change it.

Not that we'd do it for free, but we don't have the time to do it twice and I would like all of the sound advice I can give them.

:thankyou:

We had nothing to do with the design. That was their own doing. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• SLINGERLING.jpg
    SLINGERLING.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 61

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Center the text as you did in the bottom example.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
This is what we usually do, but the dispatcher was here today and said..... that's doesn't look centered and we showed him how it was, but he said the tail sends it off half cocked and we all got to thinking..... have we been wrong all these years ??
Is this one of those personal preference things ?? I don't think so. I think it should look centered, but who really is right ?? regardless of how you do it.... either the copy will be loser to one side of the truck than the other... or the dumb bottom of the 'S' will be. I know how I WANT to do it, but they're having a meeting tomorrow of how it's gonna look. :covereyes:

Now, the real question is...... how will it look on their shirts, equipment, cards, identification, phone book ads, pamphlet spacing, and all kinds of other advertisements ??
:doh:

Attachments

• SLINGER-1.jpg
    SLINGER-1.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 58
  • SLINGER-2.jpg
    SLINGER-2.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 50

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
The top was me forcing an adjusted mechanical center...

The bottom is probably what I would suggest.

My method is simple, stick the logo in a square box and eyeball.

ooops, sowwy, wrong file

Attachments

• slingy-center.jpg
    slingy-center.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 55

btropical.com

We usually ask customer to lQQK and approve center on single lay windshield lettering . Get genius to sign off on final Visual .

fmg

Def center the text. I would say even on T's center the text and throw the 'S' off to the left.I suppose you could always have the 'S'(centered) in the background with the text over it just see if your customer minds if you tweak their design.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
This is what we usually do, but the dispatcher was here today and said..... that's doesn't look centered and we showed him how it was, but he said the tail sends it off half cocked and we all got to thinking..... have we been wrong all these years ??
Is this one of those personal preference things ?? I don't think so. I think it should look centered, but who really is right ?? regardless of how you do it.... either the copy will be loser to one side of the truck than the other... or the dumb bottom of the 'S' will be. I know how I WANT to do it, but they're having a meeting tomorrow of how it's gonna look. :covereyes:

Now, the real question is...... how will it look on their shirts, equipment, cards, identification, phone book ads, pamphlet spacing, and all kinds of other advertisements ??
:doh:

Looking at the back of the truck, the rivets give away the mechanical center. If you scoot the logo over anywhere that makes visual sense, the rivets will give it away. There is probably no right way, just opinion. Hopefully the client has someone who just makes a decision and runs with it.

visual800

split the difference and go with the visual. If you center it will look jacked up and off center but if you center and slide it to right a tad it will all line up.

thats what i would do