• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what's wrong with this install

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
My thoughts too. Isn't the big part of the S supposed to be bottom?
The man of steel has some 'splainin to do...
JB
Artboard278-768x768.jpg

MIKE MCNAMARA

Everyone guessing the S is upside down without looking at the workorder and signed proof could be right, or they could be wrong - Why take chances.

Print1

Tech for your cutter, printer & logistics needs
To me the right side of the word looks lower, could he perspective of the shot I suppose.

AndersHerp

Something, something Dark Side
So there is nothing wrong with the install. Somebody taking our time away. Wait till I tell Colin about this.
I think the Icon is upside down, and out of personal preference, I would have raised the height of the install on the wall. It may be centered, but visually with what the couch cuts away from the bottom of the wall it looks off center visually. But that's just my view on it, because it's still a good looking sign.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Here is their logo.... probably thicken stroke for illuminated letters.
Looking at this, it appears to be someone in your or their designing department, changed the 'S' in the logo. Someone goofed higher up, then that of this installer.

MJ-507

Master of my domain.
Everyone guessing the S is upside down without looking at the workorder and signed proof could be right, or they could be wrong - Why take chances.
When it comes to a logo, who's to say what is correct or not. Maybe the S is intentionally the way it is. I've encountered many "mistakes" in logos that were much more grievous, but that was the way the designer - and the end user - wanted it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
When it comes to a logo, who's to say what is correct or not. Maybe the S is intentionally the way it is. I've encountered many "mistakes" in logos that were much more grievous, but that was the way the designer - and the end user - wanted it.

While that might be true...... it's not the case in this one. Post #21 shows the exact logo and it is not what is on this wall upside down or rightside up. Someone changed it and either didn't realize it or was too stupid to see it.

The title of this thread should not be what's wrong with the instal, but who f*cked up the art file ??

GB2

Old Member
We have to do the exact same job so I'm curious about the greenery on the wall. Do you know anything about it? Where did it come from....is it fire rated NFPA 701....etc. These greenery walls seem to be all the rage these days.