• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's your favorite font?

Jen Goodwin

What are your favorite fonts?

What fonts do you find yourself using over and over - your tried & true fonts?
Keep in mind these are what you use from what you have. Not ones you wish you had.

Mine are...
Light Sans Serif - Zapf Humanist (& Triumverate, which you can't seem to live without)
Bold Sans Serif - Impact
Serif - Palatino Linotype & Fenice (I use these constantly!)
Bold Serif - Schadow from Corel (stretched & slanted :cool:)
Script - AS Speedway, LHF Ballpark & Font Diner's Cocktail Script
Casual - Font Diner's Chicken Basket

Next font purchase: I'm thinking either SignDNA Five Cents or Marcel Jones; LHF Billhead

Marlene

I like Bernini for a casual serif font and right now I'm into Cable Heavy for plain sans serif instead of always using Helvetica. Also use Best of Seven as I like the details. I go through font "moods".

Marlene

Forgot to add that when I design, I like to use fonts that are hard to find or mix up letters from one font with another, clip out parts and add parts so that they don't look off the rack.

Jen Goodwin

I go through font moods too...especially on the one's that I am planning to buy - that changes all the time. But, still I find myself using the ones I posted for a lot of things...especially Palatino and Fenice. Fenice could possibly win my all time favorite font prize...possibly....for today anyway :Big Laugh

geb

Don't hate me, but I am fond of Blacklight D for some reason.

Serif, I use IowanOldSt BlkBT quite often.

George

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Serif - Adobe Utopia which has 4 weights with italics and small caps. Also like Souvenir, Novarese and Friz Quadrata.

Sans Serif - Frutiger, Eras, Optima and Serpentine Sans

Casual - Club Type Mercurious with 3 weights and italics

Script - House Signpainter Script, House Signpainter Casual, AS Snapper Script, Magneto Bold, Ruzicka Freehand

Display - AS Cricket, Bremen, AS Puff Daddy, Showcard Gothic

Marlene

I use Castle too. Just different enough to make it a nice font. Hate Helvetica!!! Try not to use it unless I have to. I use Trekker every chance I get as I'm a geek.

Steve C.

You may laugh but I think the Futura family is one of the best font groups ever. My favorites change often, right now I'm into Liberty and Papyrus.

Most often used (other than the obvious).

Futura Med, DNA Magic, Eras, Swiss 911, Compacta, Lithograph.

Author Vanson has some very nice fonts available at Letterhead Fonts. Especialy the Opening Night, Cincinnatti and Wade Grotesque.

THATgirl

ooooo I love fonts!
journeyman
magic
Christmas script
especial kay
antique olive
floran
crillee
dauphin
eras
grouch
incised
sunshine
vivaldi
and manymanymanymany more!!!

Baz

Here are the ones i use regularly for fast good looking layouts. If a customer gives me an ok to do an extensive desing i'll spend allot of time going through my fonts to pick out something specific.

Light Sans Serif - Univers 55 roman, Futura Medium
Bold Sans Serif - Univers 75 black, Micrograma, Futura bold
Serif - Palatino, Bodoni
Bold Serif - Garth Graphic, Plantin
Script - LHF Sarah Script, Vivaldi
Casual - Marking pen, Tekton

Upcoming font purchases will include: LHF Boston Truckstyle and Dan Antonelli's chisel font collection

I can never have enough fonts :thumb: