• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

When buying a used SP-540

fast327

What should I look at? This is the first printer that I will personally own and would like to know what I should look at? The printer is $7000.00. Is this a good deal? I have been looking for a few months and this is the best price I have seen, but on the other hand I dont want to just go jump on it because I am anxious.

ChiknNutz

That's a GREAT price IF it's been maintained and works properly. I'm selling mine right now for $11,000 with a bulk ink system and have a confirmed offer with final pickup scheduled for tomorrow (Sunday Feb 28th). I feel that mine is in exceptional shape and the price reflects that.

Do they have any maintenance sheets or receipts for work performed? I had my employees keep a maintenance log to show when the printer was cleaned, which we had scheduled for 2X per week (took all of 5 minutes).

You of course need to see it in action, print, print/cut, print/remove/replace/cut. Ensure all the nozzles are firing with a test print.

rolandtech

check the test print before buying

a new head is $935 plus labor roland just raised the price on the print head for the 3rd year in a row.

FatCat

Being anxious is the easiest way to get yourself into big trouble with a used piece of equipment. As others mentioned $7k is a great price -IF- everything is 100%. NEVER buy a used printer unseen or untested unless it's coming with a guarantee from a well-known and trusted vendor.

Mosh

I would want to see it run, not just look at a sample print. It might have been printed 3 years ago. Great price if it is in good shape.