• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where can I buy 5' fluorescent bulbs

Mosh

or most bigger electrical suppliers....BTW they are lamps NOT BULBS! Bulbs are, well bulb shaped!

Marlene

who is your sign supply company? they should have lamps, sockets and eveything else needed. you may or may not be able to buy just 5. are you replacing all the lamps? if not, just make sure you get the same kind as there are daylights, cool lights and such. the worse thing ever in a sign is to see half of one and half of another as it looks pink and white.

Lamp.. Sorry.. I was shock that most electrical store around here were asking $22 per.

I called a semi local supplier and just picked a few up for about $6 a LAMP..

Thanks guys for all your input..

phototec

Fluorescent lamp or fluorescent tube

A fluorescent lamp or fluorescent tube is a gas-discharge lamp that uses electricity to excite mercury vapor. The excited mercury atoms produce short-wave ultraviolet light that then causes a phosphor to fluoresce, producing visible light. A fluorescent lamp converts electrical power into useful light more efficiently than an incandescent lamp. Lower energy cost typically offsets the higher initial cost of the lamp. The lamp fixture is more costly because it requires a ballast to regulate the current through the lamp.

Ref:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluorescent_lamp

Gino

Premium Subscriber
A fluorescent lamp or fluorescent tube is a gas-discharge lamp that uses electricity to excite mercury vapor. The excited mercury atoms produce short-wave ultraviolet light that then causes a phosphor to fluoresce, producing visible light. A fluorescent lamp converts electrical power into useful light more efficiently than an incandescent lamp. Lower energy cost typically offsets the higher initial cost of the lamp. The lamp fixture is more costly because it requires a ballast to regulate the current through the lamp.

Ref:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluorescent_lamp

Skinny round white lights. :banghead:

"Deposit Please"

Check your local hardware store. If it's for your shop, i'd do Daylight fluorescent. It helps us shows how colors on test prints will really look like in natural light. The cool white fluorescent didn't show us true colors. The blues were burple...etc We now have all daylight at our shop, which helps us get accurate colors on prints.