• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions where can I purchas eco solvent flushing solution or can I make it myself?

anozira02

I been using up a lot of solvent ink solution cleaning and flushing ink heads, now I am looking to cut back on spending, the stuff seams to be expensive.. any ideas??

brycesteiner

Sure. Just don't flush your heads. You won't have to worry about cleaning solution then.

Seriously, I don't think it's that expensive is it? We've only used about a pint in four years on our Mutoh.

unclebun

Why are you needing to flush print heads? Generally that's only necessary when changing ink types or to try to rescue dried up heads. Or if you're going to try to put a printer into storage.

netsol

Premium Subscriber

regarding the ingredient list in above link, i went to a sherwin williams commercial store and got a gallon of each

acetone $14
butyl cellosolve $35
butyl carbitol $35

i certainly have enough to flush all my machines lines repeatedly.

the4:1 mix must be kept inan air tight container

for our epson aqueous machines (ultrachrome & ultrachrome k3) piezoflush
does a great job of recovering headsthat we had give up on. you can also filll with this when preparing to take a machine out of service

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
I used to mix our own without the carbitol. Worked great for ~4 years before we got rid of the Roland. We have a tonne of cleaning fluid for our Epson so no need to mix our own for a long time still. I think we still have 80% of a bottle left after 18 months.

anozira02

regarding the ingredient list in above link, i went to a sherwin williams commercial store and got a gallon of each

acetone $14
butyl cellosolve $35
butyl carbitol $35

i certainly have enough to flush all my machines lines repeatedly.

the4:1 mix must be kept inan air tight container

for our epson aqueous machines (ultrachrome & ultrachrome k3) piezoflush
does a great job of recovering headsthat we had give up on. you can also filll with this when preparing to take a machine out of service

anozira02

I did call sherwin williams,, they don't seams to carry butyl carbitol. I decided to experiment using brake fluid which contains Glyco Ethers and has high anti evaporation properties. I made up a mixture of it with added ink, 2days gone by so far no coagulation taking place in the bottle...

netsol

Premium Subscriber
i let someone borrow my van. tomorrow or monday i will give you the sherwin williams item #'s. off the paperwork when i picked it uponly the commercial reps know what it is. they have a sherwin williams name & number for both products

netsol

Premium Subscriber
I've been using straight butyl carb to swab around heads, captops, etc...

i am not sure how that works. acetoone is the solvent. it disolves pigments, dyes and residue. all the carbitol does is retard the evaporation of the acetone