• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

where to buy this font family

Marlene

customer says this is top line is Gothic bold and bottom gothic, not sure which version. also need Gothic medium. the problem is I can't a find called Gothic for sale that looks anything like this and when I ran it thru "what the font" I got no ID on it. is this gothic and if so where do I find it for sale. thanks

Attachments

• font ID.JPG
    font ID.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 176

Marlene

thanks, I thought it was Tahoma but the firm that sent this to us claims it to be Gothic. is it one of those like Swiss vs Helvectia?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
[FONT=&amp]A Gothic typeface is not at all anything like medieval lettering. It actually comes from grotesk, or grotesque which began around 1900. It's basically a synonym for sans-serif and is a movement that originated in the Scandinavian area and widely applied by the bauhaus.

Tahoma it is.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp][/FONT] emergency.jpg

[FONT=&amp]A Gothic typeface is not at all anything like medieval lettering. It actually comes from grotesk, or grotesque which began around 1900. It's basically a synonym for sans-serif and is a movement that originated in the Scandinavian area and widely applied by the bauhaus.

Tahoma it is.

[/FONT]

I was gonna basically say the same thing. My guess is they were referring to the type of typeface, no pun intended. They probably just got the style confused with the name of the typeface.