• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which Cutter

p7050

I have a QE60 cutter and am looking for a new one. My computer crashed and had to buy a vista computer and now the program wont work so I called sign warehouse and they stated we would be glad to sell you another program that is vista compatible for over 1000.00 I said no thanks
I now have decided to buy a new one that comes with the program from another company. Thanks

Replicator

Why not have a computer guru load XP onto your NEW computer.

A professional techie should have no problem doing that and it will be cheaper for you.

Pro Image

WELL..................Which cutters are you looking at............????

And Like Marc said why not buy XP for a 100 and load it on the new box.........

glassdave

Why not have a computer guru load XP onto your NEW computer.

A professional techie should have no problem doing that and it will be cheaper for you.

I had to do this. last year i purchased a Graphtec FC-5100-100 from a friend of mine that was downsizing to a smaller cutter. At that time i also picked up an off the shelf HP laptop to run it (came with Vista). After many many many attempts to get the two to play nice together i realized it wasn't going to happen and i needed XP. All the professional experts (ie best buy geek squad) said it was impossible and that all the hardware in my machine was Vista only. I ended up handing my laptop over to a self employed techie that had this thing up and running with XP in no time. Been running great ever since.

you can still get XP at some of the smaller PC shops and i was told it will be supported until 2012, i certainly hope so anyway.

Case

over half of the best buy geek squad and best buy employees have some of the worst knowledge I have ever come across.

case

Techman

All the professional experts (ie best buy geek squad) said it was impossible and that all the hardware in my machine was Vista only.

They are some of the most self serving rascals i ever met. Most of whom do not have a clue when it comes to deep down work. I have the geek squad techie software and its nothing more than a bunch of cleaning utilities and other goodies most real techs already have.

Hire a real tech and he can install xp on just about anything. I just installed XP on a vista lappy myself and i wouldn't call me self a super tech.. I know one tech who installs xp on desktops in about the time it takes to install XP itself. He has his own slipstreamed disks set up for most of the major vendors..

Jim Doggett

Is this plotter Graphtec quality? Also, will it feed 48'' material w/o problems. I noticed the max material width is 48.2 that seems close if 48'' material is a must

Yes. Yes. Agreed; but "close" is a relative concept when dealing with a cutter that has 50' guaranteed tracking. :^)

Case

I would get a "real" Graphtec over the Q series any day... More grams of force, updateable firmware, etc..... Getting a Q series over a "real" Graphtec is like getting well vodka over Grey Goose. You have to pay more for the Grey Goose, but you don't feel like crap the next day. If you know what I'm getting at.

Graphtec all the way...

case

Matt Cuellar

I'm with Case on this one...

I would get a "real" Graphtec over the Q series any day... More grams of force, updateable firmware, etc..... Getting a Q series over a "real" Graphtec is like getting well vodka over Grey Goose. You have to pay more for the Grey Goose, but you don't feel like crap the next day. If you know what I'm getting at.

Graphtec all the way...

case

rcook99

I would go with the Graphtec, the CE5000-120 48" with the ARMS, stand, and media baskets included for $2,999.00. I found it under this link. If you feel you need the FC series add $1,000.00 to that price. I will say a good friend in the business bought the FC7000 64" cutter when we went to Atlantic City last year, what a nice machine. Just my thoughts.

http://www.signsupply.com/Hardware/Graphtec/ce-5000.asp

knucklehead

I'm also looking at a new Graphtec, got an email from JSI, having a sale this monthhttp://www.jsisigns.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=EQUIP-GRA-CE5-120, Question, what does the 7000 series do, that the 5000 doesn't?