• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

which is better..opinions?

ABBOTARTDEPT

I have flexi 7 and illustrator cs3. i usually create my sign art in illustrator and output using flexi. i was wondering why i even need flexi when i can do much more creatively in illustrator. flexi is terribly more expensive than illustrator. so whats you guys' opinions? not sure what board to put this in, so mods if im in the wrong spot please relocate the post.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What are you outputting as.............. for digital printing, die-cut vinyl, screen printing, making brochures or patterns for hand-painting or carving ??

ABBOTARTDEPT

i print out to a large format printer (mimaki jv3-160) banners and vinyl. i know flexi is tailored to large format. but i can use illustrator with the production manager (RIP) that came with flexi.

luggnut

you'll need flexi for the RIP unless you have something else... i use illy then print from flexi. flexi has some features that are better than illy in my opinion... its font preview and node editing are better. plus flexi cost so much because you can not only design but RIP and cut directly from it.